Features we love:
- Pantry cabinets look great.
- 1959 GE Pushbutton Range.
- Original sink (one of 4 salvaged from nuns’ kitchen).
- Azrock cortina floor.
- eBay coppertone spaceship light (with glass on bottom that mimics glass on stove.)
- Can lights in chrome satin finish.
- Formica boomerang countertops with metal edging from last place in America you can find it (info to come in future post.)
- 42″ Sub Zero – new, yes, but very vintage looking and again, my husband put his foot down when it came to my installing a vintage fridge.
- Vintage wallpaper from basement of Miller’s Art Supply, Pittsfield, Mass. NOTE: You can spot this SAME wallpaper in Steven Spielberg’s classic, Catch Me If You Can. It’s in the family home living room where Leonardo di Caprio’s dad Christopher Walken dances with his French wife!
- Nutone exhaust fan – fit right into previous fan’s space.
Not shown and/or not yet completed:
- Window treatments TBD.
- Custom rounded shelves 3@ side along wall cabinets to right and left of window. Similar shelves above stove.
- Wallpaper on soffit above fridge, delayed as we fuss with the exact position of the fridge.
- And most importantly: We are searching for a Saarinen tulip table, 42″, and chairs, all white. Once the kitchen was in place, it was crystal clear that this is what the space calls for (rather than the typical 50s diner style table and chairs.) This will go directly under the center light. I added a photo of a the type of set I’m looking for.
Posts to come: On suppliers and helpers. Also, on all sources.