Pink tubs, pink sinks, pink toilets, pink tile — “Save the Pink Bathrooms!” #2

vintage pink tub from omega salvage

vintage pink tub from omega salvageWant to find some pink bathroom fixtures of your very own? Kohler makes a pink that isn’t as awesome as the 50s but might do…. You can watch your local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store and ebay…. or…..

Scathing Jane sends us OhmegaSalvage.com, based in Berkeley, CA. Lots of “colored sets”…very yummy. Be prepared, shipping will likely set you back another $1000.

Jane notes, “I have one of those big square tubs in the new place. WE CLOSED! I just spent the day breathing paint dust while sanding woodwork. More lead, please…

Congrats and thank you, SJ, and keep us apprised of your progress. Send pictures! :)

Comments

1. Palm Springs Stephan says

Having just been through the experience, I offer a word of caution about buying “pink” bathroom fixtures over the Internet. Before purchasing and paying three or four times the purchase price for shipping (I just bought a bathtub/ toilet/ sink suite for $300 on eBay, then paid $1100 to have it shipped to me!), send the seller a selection of paint chips for color matching! I did that with exactly this set from Ohmega Salvage pictured above. Turns out they are not a true pink. They are pink-ish brown, what I’d call taupe. I went through several sets that were billed as “pink” but were actually taupe. I wanted a true Mamie Eisenhower PINK. I never did find what I wanted, so instead I’m doing the bath in blue and saving the pink for the kitchen.

2. Laura W-A says

OH!! Love it! I found this site because I was trying to find pink vinyl tile for a project – had no idea it was so hard to find. Guess I’m just not stylish. :-) I’m having my master bed and bath repainted in pink and white, but my accents will be steel blue (curtains, sheets, etc) and lots of white (milk glass, trim, furniture) and chrome – and really ugly carpet (it’s a rental). I’m kind of torn between Hollywood Regency, modern, and cottage chic, so I just hope it ends up looking halfway decent… lol. But I LOVE the pink bath fixtures!

Welcome, Laura. For pink vinyl tile: Try the commercial section of the big makers’ websites. See my category as well: Kitchens / Flooring

3. Eric says

I have a pink set that looks very similar. It came out of my Sisters house she recently purchased, which was built in 1940. The pieces are all mark “Standard” also dated and have Made in USA imprinted in inconspicuous locations. The dates are all Aug of 1936

4. Linda says

I am concerned should my pink bathtub, sink, toilet will go out and if i will be able to replace them with pink items. Does anyone know of a source for purchasing those items?

We have resources – new – for the toilets. See Bathrooms/Toilets category. Sinks and tubs — you would need to find those vintage. Sinks relatively easy to find. Tubs would likely be tougher.

Vintage house? GET TO KNOW OUR CATEGORY NAVIGATION — all our resources are organized there.