Sebastian scores a yellow pedestal sink for his Montreal bathroom update

retro bathroom sink

retro bathroom sinkseb-6.jpgSebastian of the yellow and black bathroom found a great pedestal sink this weekend, courtesy of the retro decorating gods:

Hi Pam,

News from Montreal! I found this fabulous sink today at Ecoreno store
(http://www.ecoreno.com), with the original faucets. It’s the same yellow of
my toilet and tub. I hope I’ll be able to fix the faucets so I can keep
them.

I wanted a wallmounted sink with chrome legs at first, but when I saw this
one, I kind of fell for it… and since the color was matching, I didn’t
want to let it go!

And the guy also has black tiles with a rounded edge for my window frame. I
have to take the measurements to know exactly how many tiles I need. Slowly
getting there!

Sébastien

Sebastian — it’s perfect! Congratulations. I apologize for not knowing how to get the accent over the first e in your name. Keep us updated on your project!

Comments

1. Sumac Sue says

Congratulations Sebastien! That is a really pretty sink, and should look great with the other fixtures. It didn’t take too long to find something, which is good for you — it helps keep the spirits up when pieces start to come together.

2. maddy123 says

I also meant to add that if you are going to paint your walls, a very pale gray might look good with your tiles, since you have black tile borders. I think yellow and gray has a fresh, contemporary look (kind of mod). But it would still be vintage as well.

I recieved a You Make My Day Award and I am passing it on to you!

Here are the obligatory “rules” that go with this award…

1) Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think and/or make your day
    2) Acknowledge the post of the award giver
    3) Tell the award winners that they have won by commenting on their blogs with the news!

Thank you for adding to my day through your blog!

amodernguy

4. 50sPam says

Hi Maddy123 — I agree, that pale gray even up to a medium gray would likely be a good wall color — kind of evoking the chrome. First test I’d use is the gray in the Sherwin Williams Suburban Modern interior palette.

5. Femme1 says

The faucets on this sink are almost exactly like the originals in my 50s ranch. I couldn’t save them all, unfortunately, but we still have two of them in our bathrooms. I think they are very atomic and robot-y looking, with the bulbous round part disected by the arrowlike handles. Luv em!

6. astrosonical says

Sebastien, congratulations on that wonderful sink! Our Habitat hasn’t really gotten the great vintage stuff like that yet, but they are slowly trying with ’50s pink sinks and toilets. We have no Ecoreno. We did have a really great place a few miles from here I’d kill for now, but they switched to new builders specials and related junk, so it’s no longer the mid century treasure trove it was years ago.

7. mike says

Do you know what brand of faucet is on the picture?
    I have someone looking for one with that style of pop-up