• Full set of barrel furniture – on craigslist, Missouri

The amazing Elizabeth spotted these on Craigslist this morning. I would buy them in a heartbeat if they were closer. Thank you, Elizabeth, these are wonderful beyond belief. OMG. Feast your eyes:

Barrel Furniture 1970′s – $750 (Lake of the Ozarks)
    Reply to: sale-647867859@craigslist.org
    Date: 2008-04-18, 11:28PM CDT

1970′s Barrel Furniture For Sale. Fourteen piece set consisting of 1 couch, 2 end tables, 2 lamps, 1 coffee table, 1 game table with checkerboard, 4 game table chairs, 2 arm chairs and 1 ottoman. The set is in excellent condition. $750. Cash only.

• Get our retrolicious free newsletter.

Comments

1. Oh my! I knew a family who had this furniture when I was a kid!

2. How unusual – they look quite comfy!

3. i have this furniture from my father. i love it! i am 25 yrs old livng in the 70′s lol

4. earl adams says:

i have wanted the “barrel furniture” ever since i saw it in a j c penney store when i was 11 yrs. old. we couln’t get it because my mother said it would be a “sin” to have that in our house,because whiskey had been in the barrels you know. and as you can guess i grew up in a house not a home. anyway if there happens to be someone out there who has a set such as this plz make contact.
      regards,Earl

• pam kueber says:

hi @earl, create a google search for craigslist for these items – you’ll find a set. where are you based? we can watch for you, too.

• Earl, we have the couch, two swivel chairs, end table, lamp, ottaman, and a large coffee table that I want to get rid off. We live in the St. Louis area, let me know if you are interested.

• pam kueber says:

Mary – no buying/selling on the main blog. You may list this on our Forum, though. Good luck. (Forum is at top of page, right.)

• Pam Hendershot says:

I have the couch and barstools. Got from an estate sale

5. Leri Thomas says:

Earl, I happen to have a round table and 4 chairs. I don’t remember seeing them anywhere, but I was immediately drawn to them. The chairs are very comfortable.

6. I have the same set in my parents bament and they want to sell it.
      It is located in Illinois.

7. wow….. we had a set growing up here in st.louis county.. i still have 3 tall swivel barstools from the set in my den….. thanks for the memory

8. I have a set -n my basement. A table, four chairs, sofa, two end tables, bar, three stools and a bar lamp. Purchased from JC Penny in 1969 0r 1970.

9. I think this is the same set I sat in at the Scott Antique Show here in Columbus last month. Its really a lot kooler in person but its definitely a gaming table – the chairs aren’t exactly what you’d sit in to watch a movie! Lol Being barrels, they ARE perfectly straight up and down!

10. A friend gave me the couch 2 swivel chairs and another chair and ottoman, they are cool as hell, but very uncomfortable, will be posting mine on craigslist soon

11. Roger Burroughs says:

Wonder how much shipping would be to west virginia.Would you let me know.Yes I am Interested.

12. Hi
      I have a set posted on Craigslist right today. The couch is in need or repair, and I only have 11 pieces. I would be willing to crate it up on pallets and ship it, if anyone is intrested.

13. I have a few pieces (2 chairs, small table & 2 lamps) of the barrel furniture and found this website while searching for information about it. Does anyone know if the chairs where made from real whiskey barrels? I’m curious to haw they came to be, did a furniture maker get a deal on barrels? Or where they made from scratch? Either way I like ‘em.

While searching for information on the barrel furniture I found a barrel coffee table on the local craig’s list for $35 but I just don’t have the space for it, here’s the link if anyone is interested: http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/fuo/3038375649.html