Classic retro bathroom fixtures from Home Depot – Sara finds this deal

Sarakay has found what look to be very affordable and totally retro bathroom lights, at Home Depot. There is a four-bulb version (above), a two-bulber, and possibly even a single-bulb sconce that might be workable. You can only buy them at the store, although you can see them online (although they are well hidden, so Sarakay has provided instructions, too.) All $12-$20. Thanks, Sarakay!:

Hi Pam,

Love your blog. While I was wandering around in Home Depot today I saw this 50\’s style bathroom light fixture. I had no idea anyone sold these any more. A fixture like this was above just about every house\’s bathroom sink when I was growing up.

Go to homedepot.com , then drill down as follows:

– lighting and fans
– bath and vanity lighting
– on the sidebar, under color, select white
(And I had to do further – click Show All, then add my zip code)

Cheers, Sara

Comments

1. Sumac Sue says

These look just like the light fixture in our full bath — it’s definitely the right look. It’s good to know these exist in case we ever need to replace ours. Thanks Sarakay.

2. Palm Springs Stephan says

Also very similar to the fixture that I “appropriated” out of a nearby building that was being (tragically) updated. Mine has tiny star-shaped clear spots scattered among the white of the glass, giving a “starry-starry-night” effect. And the base is chrome, rather than white. I wish mine had a plug in it though.

My last apartment had these mounted vertically on either side of the bathroom mirror. I miss them so much. I liked how they looked, but even more, they were much more flattering and natural than the top of the mirror fluorescents that I have now.

4. astrosonical says

I want to replace my bathroom light with a more deluxe model, so I picked the two bulb fixture. These were available by Westinghouse in Ace Hardware, but they seem to have discontinued them. Thank Heaven for Home Depot! I think theirs are Hampton Bay. My original is one of those round chromed fixtures with the frosted glass and a clear star pattern on circles on the bottom. Very bottom line of the time. It won’t go in the trash though. The kitchen light has to go too, similar chrome light base with a flaired out frosted glass with clear bottom. That will stay with the discarded bathroom light.

5. Ellen says

I looked on the Home Depot website, and can’t find these fixtures. I’d really like to find one for the bathroom I’m restoring right now. Do you think they may have been discontinued?

6. pam kueber says

Ellen, I couldn’t find it either. I’d recommend that you print out a picture from the site – and go into the HD and see what they say. If you can’t find it there, I would next suggest that you try your local Habitat for Humanity/ Re-Store / Re-Build center. These come up there. You may have to haunt the place… wait it out. Good luck, Pam

7. pam kueber says

Ellen reports:

I looked for these and couldn’t find them at first, but with help from a Home Depot representative (and their “identification by photo” team) I found them. The 24? is a White 4- Light Channel Glass, SKU # 586-285 MODEL: HB586285; and the 14? is a White 2-light Channel Glass SKU: 586-102 MODEL: HB586102. I hope this is helpful!

8. Rebecca Prichard says

I HATED the awful dressing room style lights in my new 1961 house. The lights at Rejuvenation were just too expensive with all the other new expenses. I was THRILLED to find these at my Ace Hardware in Ann Arbor, MI. $19.99! 🙂

9. Jacque Perez says

I just bought these light fixtures this week the long one @14.99 for the front bath and short one @ 9.99 for the half bath. Can’t wait to get them up and get the “updated light fixtures” brass with Victorian sconces out of there!