• Where to get hinges for metal kitchen cabinet doors?

    Hi Pam, just had a new estimate on painting my pink kitchen cabinets and the guy is concerned about the hinges. I guess they are worn down and there is a lot of play in some of them so they are hitting each other a bit and he’s worried about the new paint job chipping right away. I don’t suppose you’ve heard of anywhere that sells replacement hinges? By the way, the paint product he would use is Two Component Acrylic Urethane. And I bid on that pink GE clock you had on your website!


    Answer: Sorry, Nancy, I don’t know this one. I think the hinges are called “piano hinges”. Readers – any thoughts?


  • Get our retrolicious free newsletter.



    1. I’m looking for hinges, my metal cabinets look just like the ones in the photos. I had my cabinets painted but years later the hinge broke and I have not been able to locate a replacement.

      • marcia, we have a post on this – but the news isn’t good. check the Steel Kitchen Cabinets category… or use Search

    2. Cindy Gerber says:

      This is a great seller on ebay with an awesome inventory of vintage drawer pulls, etc.
      I recommend !!


    Leave a Comment --

    If you are under 14 years of age you may read this message board, but you may not participate.
    Here are the full legal terms of use you agree to by using this comment form.