Comments

1. Gloria says

Hiya there

I’m trying to find out what make of majestic stereo my father owned. It begins with Har……its solid state with a 7 inch record player one side and VHF/FM stereo the othet side. It’s beautiful just needs some tlc. Can anyone help???

2. Brian Becker says

hey astro I have a vintage grundige consoles stereo with a short wave radio my grand father think it is about the late 50’s early 60’s made by a coumpany in germany i will have pic tomarrow it is in mint condition no scratches. how much you think it is worth or if I should hang on to it. please help!!!!

Hi Brian. No buying/selling or valuing on the main part of the blog, but I left this up since there seem to be a few huge fans of this particular model out there. Perhaps they can point you in a helpful direction. Good luck.

3. R. Brower says

Hello all! Today I found an RCA Victor New Vista Solid State Stereo Model VGT-29L on the side of the road, good thing I have a truck! I have since spent hours trying to find information about it online. It has two booklets with it (the promo tag that was on it at the store describing all of its features, and the instruction manual). They are in EXCELLENT condition. As far as I can see, the parts inside the cabinet are in good condition as well, though the dial that selects FM/AM/record is stuck in the record position. Everything inside looks clean. I’m not a collector of these things and was wondering how bad it would be if I gutted it and used it for a television stand. Should I keep it intact? I know we aren’t supposed to value things on this blog, but will I kick myself later if I take the electronic parts out of it? Does anyone know where I can find information on this neat console?

4. David Myers says

RCA Victrola radio Model VLT 29 L

My mother has one of these. Has had it since about 1953, still works. Anyone know what these are worth? I cannot find any info on it.

5. GrooveMills says

I recently acquired a RCA Victor model VLT74 “The Beaucaire” from my grandmother. I have a background in recording engineering and love most things vintage so you can imagine my excitement to receive such a piece. I moved it into my house with my father much to the chagrin of his aging back… We plugged the old girl in and voila, she sounds amazing (wished for tubes…happy with transistors…for now……).

I have been trying to find information on the unit and to my dismay it’s as if it never existed. Entering any of the information I provided at the beginning of this post into Google produces little to no useful information. I really would like to open the unit and check out the workings. Primarily however, I would like to know where to solder the wires from the turntable arm to the cartridge as it is not currently attached. I am proficient with an iron but, don’t want to just wing it and hope it works.

If anyone has any information or knowledge of this or similar units please contact me.

I would be happy to provide pictures of the piece as well. It really is in quite great shape!

JPM

Hi GrooveMills, be sure to subscribe to these Comments to see if anyone responds! Good luck, sounds beautiful!

6. Jeffrey T says

What you have there is a Korting Delmonico…..tube driven amp and shortwave. Telefunken turntable. Mine is an exact match.

7. Rachel says

Hello all :) was searching for information on a stereo console model VLT28L. Record player and am fm radio. Can’t seem to get any volume when i play the records but the radio volume works great. Any ideas ?