Following up on Monday’s exciting post about the Arpa USA palette of solid-color laminates, let’s take a look at how to use this material to recreate this 1959 Ma Bell kitchen. It would be oh-so-easy! Elements include:
- Laminate cabinetry using Arpa’s “Jardin” colorway.
- Cabinet pulls: Rejuvenation’s new midcentury “sharp arch”, in satin chrome
- Countertops are also laminate – I like Arpa’s “Off White” but there are 4 whites that could work – Off White, Snowbound, Dover White and Downy — that you can eyeball in your kitchen – and test adjacent to your appliances.
- On the floor, I’d put Armstrong’s faux-brick vinyl sheet, Saguaro in birch white
- And if you can scrounge them up — this kitchen also deserves a pink stovetop, built-in ovens, and even fridge…
- If you can’t find pink or don’t want vintage - the Sub-Zero with appliance white panels and the old-style vent at the top, makes for a mighty fine authentic mid mod look. Pair it with a vintage range.
- For a sink – stainless steel from Elkay, they have lots of great designs straight from the era.