A mint in box American Kitchens sink base, top and faucets – time capsule envy!

Yowza – a time capsule American Kitchens sink base, porcelain top, faucet – the works. It’s amazing – but you know these treasures are out there. I would snap this up in a hearbeat if I lived in Idaho!

STILL CRATED! LATE 40’s EARLY 50’s KITCHEN SINK AND CABINET – $500 (NAMPA). LATE 40’s EARLY 50’s KITCHEN SINK AND CABINET! UNBELIEVABLE! FOUND IN THE BACK OF A GARAGE. NEVER USED.PERFECT CONDITION IF YOU ARE INTO RETRO THIS IS A MUST. MEASURES 54W 25D 36T ADD APPRX 6″ FOR BACK SPLASH. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY… sale-894496866@craigslist.org

Comments

1. hwar says

Wow, it’s kind of wild to see this….we have these cabinets and a similar American Kitchens sink in our kitchen (house built in 1948). I think they are horribly ugly (not a fan of the slanted drawers). The original knobs have been replaced with some actually-pretty-awesome enamel knobs from the early 70’s that look like giant avocado green clown noses. We plan to replace them all next year but they will go live a happy life in our garage.

2. Steve says

Hey, there! Hope you are well this Friday night. I just discovered the Retro Renovation website last night and found your posting of October 27th of last year. We are in the process of getting some retro steel cabinets, specifically Ameican Kitchens cabinets like the sink and cabinet you wrote about. I was just wondering if they were still available for sale. Honestly, we have a sink and base already, but they are in awful shape and I don’t know if they would turn out well once they were reglazed and painted. Just let me know when you can, I live in Indianapolis, so it would have to be shipped.

THANKS!
    Steve

• Carrie says

Steve – was this “Ron” that Pam hooked you up with able to help you find what you were looking for? We are in the same situation you were a couple of years ago!

3. bob kutcher says

I have an american sink/base cabinet in basement. It is connected to base cabnets that have rubber type tops with overhead cabinets. Any value? I need to get rid of sink cabinet at least.

4. Liz Regan says

I am looking for a Sink/base cabinet that I can use in an old kitchen in a house that I am moving into. I live in Indianapolis anyone have any ideas.

Thanks,
    Liz

5. Carrie says

Trying to find out if this item (MW metal kitchen sink base, sink, faucet) is still available? Looking for that exact replacement!

6. Sheila White says

I recently lucked out and found a farmhouse sink with double drainboards. It was still in the metal cabinet but because I didn’t want cabinet we attempted to just remove the sink. That proved more work then I had brought tools for so took the cabinet and sink together. Thanks to this website I have decided to salvage the cabinet. I have learned I have a “American Kitchens” sink and cabinet with that crazy faucet. Thanks to this wonderful site and suggestions I now have quite a project ahead of me but one that I am very excited about. The cabinet is in bad shape…very rusty and missing a drawer front but I am hopeful I will find help restoring here. The sink is absolutely in excellent shape with only two small chips on the corners. I will probably replace the faucet and I checked Locke Plumbing and they do have a replacement!