Comments

1. Susan says

Hi,

I can’t find the post from the home ec teacher who was going to paint her pink cabinets. Did anyone argue to keep them pink??? Too classic. There are plenty of pinks in fashion these days. The 8th graders would find a lot to love!

2. Jay says

I am in the process of buying a home that has pink laminate kitchen cabinets. My first reaction was “This is terrible!” After more time I am thinking that I should leave them and blend the retro look wth ultra-modern. Can you help?

hi Jay, send me some pics – although i will forewarn, i do not know when i can potentially feature your kitchen as i am way way behind with reader posts. send pics to retrorenovation [at] gmail [dot] com

3. Ziva says

Our house was built in 1940, and after several paint jobs, I’ve decided a light rosy pink would be idea to go with the grey counter and white cabinets. Any recommendations for paint color? Thanks.

Ziva, both Sherwin Williams and California Paints have historically accurate palettes. You can see all my Paint stories in the navigation – Under Decorating, I recall.

4. vintage_vantage says

So, I took the plunge. I painted my greige kitchen (done so by the last owners before I bought the house) to “flamingo pink”. I got the color by matching a pink hamper I picked up at the Goodwill. Anyway, I finally have a pink kitchen! And… I have vintage barkcloth that I will turn into curtains soon. I painted and then realized they were the perfect match! The decorating gods where with me today!

5. Pam Zirbel says

Hello!!
    Sooo happy to have found your site!! We now live in an old 1842 converted one room school house!! We are MOVING to a huge 1870 gorgeous home!! We will be moving in there around mid August or maybe before!! There are plastic tiles on walls: kitchen: blue/turquoise/black, bathroom: green/burgundy marble look tile and…PINK tub, toilet, tub!!!! I DO want to keep it all!! The kitchen has white metal cabinets and we will be sanding and redoing them! There are like a rubber type of tile on the kitchen floor which is cool! All the tile in this house is plastic [boohoo] but in excellent condition!!
    I am looking for an old cast iron white or pink dbl bowl, dbl drainboard sink. right now there is a dbl bowl stainless sink and really gross!!! I, of course, do not want to spend a ton of money, but also am not finding what I am looking for!! ugh!!! Can you help us?!!!
    thank you so very much!! Awesome site you have, off to check the rest of ‘you guys’ out!!
    Sincerely…..Pam & Kev

Welcome, Pam, and congrats on the new/old house. Since it sounds like you are new to the blog and starting on a lot of work, get to know our Categories and use that Search box when you have a question. Here’s what comes up when you type Drainboard Sinks in to the search box, our page all about them comes right up at the top — http://retrorenovation.com/search-results/?q=drainboard%20sinks

Good luck with all.