• Vintage Frigidaire Flair – the all time favorite for a 60s kitchen?

vintage frigidaire flair stove

vintage-pink-frigidaire-flair-ad-2.jpgFlickr friend Two-Bad provides these images of his (her?) Frigidaire Flair range, along with a vintage ad. Readers say that Samantha Stevens had one in Bewitched. While this model had many imitators – for some reason, the Frigidaire Flair seems to be everyone’s favorite. And look at how great the Danish Modern orange looks with the pink… and the gold… and are those popovers in the oven on the left? Many thanks, Two-Bad!

vintage frigidaire flair stove

vintage frigidaire flair stove

vintage frigidaire flair cabinet

vintage frigidaire flair cabinet

• Get our retrolicious free newsletter.

Comments

1. We remodeled a 1960s built home and have a Flair range with double ovens look almost new as pictured above along with the vented hood. Before removing it everything was working on it except the clock. We also the custom wood cabinet it sat on. The home had to be pretty much state of art for the time with Nutone intercoms in each room and outside with wall mounted AM/AM tube type radio and turntable. We kept all this along with several lighting fixtures thinking we may find something to do with them but after looking at your site think someone may appreciate them more more than us. What site would you suggest to sell these items and a fair price.

2. BJ LeMaster says:

I have broken one of the knobs that control the temps for the burners. Do you have replacement knobs? I just need the black center that is plastic, but will buy thei whole knob if I need to….?? Thank you, sure hope you can find one!!!

3. Becky Bullock says:

I have a Flair Range as pictured, the larger oven does not work,. Do you know of someone to contact for repair and parts. We live in Arkansas, Little Rock area.

Thanks for your response.

• I grew up with the Frigidaire Flair range, my parents still have it in an apartment they rent, it was bought new around 1960. So far every tenant has called with the “oven not working” issue and every time it has been the automatic oven control was set on auto instead of manual (or it may be the other way around, sorry). But before you call for a repair person make sure the oven control is set properly! This setting only effects the large oven and it is for timed cooking.
        Erin in CT

4. Vicki Dixon says:

I want one of these. If anyone in NC or close by has one for sale, please let me know. Thanks!

Vicki

• Hi Vicki,

Keep your eye out on Craigslist, that’s a good start. But fyi, just south of Asheville slightly over the border into Georgia is John Jowers at Antique Appliances in Clayton, Georgia. He has been in the vintage stove business for years. You can possibly find one through him, or know where to start. I lived in Raleigh and the chances finding one in the Piedmont are pretty good! Here’s his website, http://www.antiqueappliances.com

• Jessica Dolan says:

Hi Vicki,
        I have a Frigidaire Custom Imperial Flair for sale! The only thing that doesn’t work is one of the oven lights, but it also been checked out. The unit is in great shape and is located in Central PA. I understand this a bit far, but there is the chance for affordable delivery. Are you anywhere near Asheville? If so, I have vacation plans and could cart the stove for you.

I have photos available so just let me know! Thanks so much! Feel free to email me at jessicadolan@roomtobreathe.us or call 8143601063,

• Linda Harpe says:

I am having an estate sale in Statesville,NC, in April and we have this stove and it works. My mom loved it.

• roy dulaney says:

my mother-in-law just passed away and we are selling her frigidare 1960.s range. it is in excellent shape, everything works on it and it looks great.

5. I’m a long time reader and I wanted to share my happy news…I bought a 40″ Flair last week, after wishing and searching for years! It will be the showpiece of the (eventual) new kitchen in our 1964 home!

6. Meredith Lizmi says:

Hi I am from Baltimore Maryland and we have a custom imperial frigidaire flair. We are going to be remodeling and need to sell this beauty! The heat minder burner and clock do not work (the roaster thermometer writing is partially removed and does not work) otherwise the two oven’s and 3 burners work great along with the fan! you can check out the add and pictures at Craiglist of Baltimore

7. I just saw this in person for the first time yesterday. It was amazing! Contemplating getting one for my new (1953 ranch) home.

8. I spied one of these in Pete and Trudy’s (and Baby Tammy’s) new suburban home last night on the season 5 debut of Mad Men. So much delicious MCM design to check out. I love. love. love. Don and Megan’s hip new pad and enjoyed seeing the juxtaposition of the ultra-mod living room with the more traditional (albeit with very mod colors) master bedroom. First Samantha, now Pete and Trudy. Seems like everyone wants a Frigidaire Flair! Attached link is info I found on the FF, not my personal website.

9. T. W. Cooper says:

We have a Frigidare Flair Custom Deluxe. We almost threw it away when we bought the house but desided to use it while we looked for a new stove to replace it. After cleaning it up and using it we fell in love with it. Now after three years of wonderful cooking and conversation concerning our stove the top element in the large oven burned out. Luckily we did find a good used elememt but it must have shorted out the current regulator. Now the large oven only gets slightly warm. We would love to find someone who can fix it. I would like to keep it from now on but i’m afraid that if we can not get it fixed we will have to part with it. Every thing else works except the electrical pulg in outlet at the front of the stove for using other eletrical appliances. We will sell it if we must, but we would like to get it fixed. I can be reached at (662) 392-0204 or emailed at glema1@cgdsl.net. Thanking you in advance for any help you can give.

10. T. W. Cooper says:

I did get one reply on my Flair but it turns out they have one that is still working. It would be a shame to dismantle one of these stoves which is still in good conditional and working ecept for maybe one part. There ought to be somebody out there who has one that is falling apart who can offer used parts for sale. Sometimes selling salvaged parts can gross more than selling the whloe item as is. I sure thought about buying the one offered in the reply but they live in Maryland and I live in Mississippi. Thats quite a jump and as you can see a Flair aint no small piece of merchandise. I’m told by an elderly appliance repairman who used to work on these type stove that I need a thermostat control for the large oven side. He said thats usually what happens when the oven elements burn in two as mine did. He said that usually shorts out the thermostat too. The trick is that a replacement thermostat has to be from the exact same model. Mine is a Frigidaire Custom Deluxe Flair. It looks the same as the one pictured except for the color and the location of the knobs and clock, and it sits on a wooden cabinet. I would send pictures on this site if I knew how. It’s lovly and agood cooking stove and I would like to get it fixed. “So” anybody got a good thremostat for a Custom Deluxe Flaire
      T. W. Cooper glema1@cgdsl.net

11. I’m looking to purchase an Imperial Flair (or other Flair)
      would like to get as close to Iowa as possible. In North Iowa now.

will travel and may be willing to ship if it’s in VERY good condition.

thanks, LOVE this stove ( i need to cook sitting down.)

12. I LOVE the look of this stove, and it is similar to one we had when I was in highschool….LOVED how it performed!! I would be most interested in the fridgidaire flair double oven in stainless. Can you suggest where to find one? I need it for a home in NC near Asheville.

Thank you!!

13. My Parents have a Frigadaire Flair Deluxe Wall Oven.
      Model Number RBGB-330. I am looking for the thrmostat
      model # 5309957110. Any suggestions on where to locate one?

Thank you!!

14. Everyone! We are a group of die-hard Flair owners who trade and sell parts & info on how to fix them. Membership is free. just go to this URL and sign up.
      Angie

15. This is wonderful stove

16. just today I have pulled out a ‘still working’ vintage ’60s custom Frigidaire Flair oven/broiler. it is a beauty, but really could not keep up with my needs. will be trying to find it a home soon on ebay

• Are you still interested in selling you Flair stove? I have one an need the thermostate control stich for the smaller oven. I would be willing to buy yhe whole control panel to avoid you having to take it apart. Please let me know your thoughts, and if you are interested in making a deal?

• pam kueber says:

take this over the to buy/sell forum: http://retrorenovation.com/forums/ … good luck!

• T. W. Cooper says:

Hello Bill

Yes I would be willing to sell my stove but first you must make sure that your stove and mine are the same model. I am told that very few parts are interchangeable between the different models. ofcourse if you do by the part it will render my stove useless, but if the part will fit I believe we can get your stove up and and running for a little under two hundered. It has been a show piece for us every sence we moved here, but I guess its time to let go.

T. W.

17. I wonder if any of the makers of retro looking appliances have considered producing a Flair-styled stove? I would prefer to look at the cooking progress at eye level and not have to stoop or bend (aging back). I think its more logical and ergonomic. And who needs a range top that is always on display, collecting dust? Anyway, just a wish.

18. Ronda Lee says:

I have a beautiful Flair oven. BUT, I am looking for the base portion. Does anyone have any idea where to find it?

Thanks,
      RL

19. I got one of these and it still works. They just don’t make things the way they used to!

20. Candace Barrigar says:

We have the Flair without the optional cabinet below. Absolutely everything works perfectly! We did replace the burners on the range (Home Depot); otherwise it’s perfect! Now, we want to sell it when we retire in mid-2015. Any info on how to sell it??

21. Suzanne says:

I have a Frigidaire Flair Oven model RCIB 645, double oven. Can I get replacement burners and/or elements for this?