Vintage Frigidaire Flair – the all time favorite for a 60s kitchen?

vintage frigidaire flair stove

vintage-pink-frigidaire-flair-ad-2.jpgFlickr friend Two-Bad provides these images of his (her?) Frigidaire Flair range, along with a vintage ad. Readers say that Samantha Stevens had one in Bewitched. While this model had many imitators – for some reason, the Frigidaire Flair seems to be everyone’s favorite. And look at how great the Danish Modern orange looks with the pink… and the gold… and are those popovers in the oven on the left? Many thanks, Two-Bad!

vintage frigidaire flair stove

vintage frigidaire flair stove

vintage frigidaire flair cabinet

vintage frigidaire flair cabinet

I’m looking to purchase an Imperial Flair (or other Flair)
    would like to get as close to Iowa as possible. In North Iowa now.

will travel and may be willing to ship if it’s in VERY good condition.

thanks, LOVE this stove ( i need to cook sitting down.)

I LOVE the look of this stove, and it is similar to one we had when I was in highschool….LOVED how it performed!! I would be most interested in the fridgidaire flair double oven in stainless. Can you suggest where to find one? I need it for a home in NC near Asheville.

Thank you!!

3. Allen Rose says

My Parents have a Frigadaire Flair Deluxe Wall Oven.
    Model Number RBGB-330. I am looking for the thrmostat
    model # 5309957110. Any suggestions on where to locate one?

Thank you!!

just today I have pulled out a ‘still working’ vintage ’60s custom Frigidaire Flair oven/broiler. it is a beauty, but really could not keep up with my needs. will be trying to find it a home soon on ebay

• Bill says

Are you still interested in selling you Flair stove? I have one an need the thermostate control stich for the smaller oven. I would be willing to buy yhe whole control panel to avoid you having to take it apart. Please let me know your thoughts, and if you are interested in making a deal?

• T. W. Cooper says

Hello Bill

Yes I would be willing to sell my stove but first you must make sure that your stove and mine are the same model. I am told that very few parts are interchangeable between the different models. ofcourse if you do by the part it will render my stove useless, but if the part will fit I believe we can get your stove up and and running for a little under two hundered. It has been a show piece for us every sence we moved here, but I guess its time to let go.

T. W.

5. Gerry says

I wonder if any of the makers of retro looking appliances have considered producing a Flair-styled stove? I would prefer to look at the cooking progress at eye level and not have to stoop or bend (aging back). I think its more logical and ergonomic. And who needs a range top that is always on display, collecting dust? Anyway, just a wish.

6. Ronda Lee says

I have a beautiful Flair oven. BUT, I am looking for the base portion. Does anyone have any idea where to find it?

7. Candace Barrigar says

We have the Flair without the optional cabinet below. Absolutely everything works perfectly! We did replace the burners on the range (Home Depot); otherwise it’s perfect! Now, we want to sell it when we retire in mid-2015. Any info on how to sell it??

8. Suzanne says

I have a Frigidaire Flair Oven model RCIB 645, double oven. Can I get replacement burners and/or elements for this?

9. Sharon says

My neighbor just showed us her Flair that she has had since 1967 she said she had this current house build around it :) she has been in this house for 27 years Her Flair is pristene and everything works she said except for the clock and it needs a fuse but it would require lifting the 350 lb stove so she says it is not that important It is so awesome to see this appliance in the works

10. Jovon T. says

I just saw this beauty today and worked it out so that I can give payments and get it! Woot! My mother actually found it on a FB yard sale site and it is in pristine condition with original instructions and everything! My mom said that my great grandmother, Nannie, had one just like it! How I loved my Nannie! Only mine has just the one oven….

I do have a question though. I have a vintage dinette set with yellow Formica top and matching chairs and the chrome. It’s like it’s new, it’s been very well taken care of. I am wanting to do my kitchen in the black and white checkerboard linoleum, and now I have this stove. I also have a Coldspot refrigerator from (I think) the late 1920’s to early 1930’s. So here is my dilemma…I love all these pieces so so so much, but they are all from different eras…but aren’t they all kind of similar? I am no expert at all like you, Pam, but do you think these eras could be mixed tastefully and in a fun unique way without looking like I am all over the map (which I guess I kind of am, LOL). I was also kind of thinking…well nowadays people have appliances and tables and dishes and everything that are all kinds of different years old because not everyone stays “state of the art”. Like you move into an apartment or house built in the 70’s and it may have an 80’s fridge, 70’s cabinets, 90’s bathroom and you have the newest chic kitchen table or loveseat or something…yet it works nice…see what I’m saying?

Here are the links to pictures of the items I have (except the linoleum at the moment):

Refrigerator –

Stove –

Table –

Thanks so much in advance for any and all advice!

11. Vickie Ezzell says

I an looking for a new or guaranteed used thermostat for my Frigidaire Flair oven. My stove is a Custom Deluxe Model RCDB-640-2. The original part number is 6564064. I understand the part numbers may have been replaced with different ones through the years. Any info anyone has will be helpful. Thank you.

Vickie, head to our Kitchen Help / Appliances category. At the top you will see our story about where to go to look for help with vintage appliances. Good luck!

12. Joanne says

The only thing I would like to say is I would like to see these come back. I like the way the oven door opens upward. No reaching across a hot oven door, or if you have a full range no nearly tripping over the oven door that is nearly to the floor. This 1960’s Fridgidair Flair is a great model. I keep hoping they will bring it back for the consumers to buy. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please. Please. :)

• Susan frank says

My daughter wants one as her great grandmother had one. She found one in really great condition but it’s the one door for 250.00 then asked me if I want to drive to Ohio as there is one out there for 100.00. 9 hour drive it would be cheaper to buy the one for 250.00. I love them but she still lives at home where am I going to store it! Find a buyer and set a price and hope it finds a good home.

I just bought one of these in a junk shop in Lincoln, NE. I’m remodeling my kitchen and am so thrilled! What are the chances that this 50-year-old stove will work for another 50 years?

I am not an expert … see our stories on resources for helping with vintage appliances in our Kitchen / Appliances subcategory.

A Frigidaire Flair — a real favorite!

• LINDA says

I have had mine for 30 years … Came with the old farm house we bought in 1987… Still tick’in… I absolutely love it