Vintage Frigidaire Flair – the all time favorite for a 60s kitchen?

vintage frigidaire flair stove

vintage-pink-frigidaire-flair-ad-2.jpgFlickr friend Two-Bad provides these images of his (her?) Frigidaire Flair range, along with a vintage ad. Readers say that Samantha Stevens had one in Bewitched. While this model had many imitators – for some reason, the Frigidaire Flair seems to be everyone’s favorite. And look at how great the Danish Modern orange looks with the pink… and the gold… and are those popovers in the oven on the left? Many thanks, Two-Bad!

vintage frigidaire flair stove

vintage frigidaire flair stove

vintage frigidaire flair cabinet

vintage frigidaire flair cabinet

Comments

1. Suzanne says

I have a Frigidaire Flair Oven model RCIB 645, double oven. Can I get replacement burners and/or elements for this?

2. Sharon says

My neighbor just showed us her Flair that she has had since 1967 she said she had this current house build around it :) she has been in this house for 27 years Her Flair is pristene and everything works she said except for the clock and it needs a fuse but it would require lifting the 350 lb stove so she says it is not that important It is so awesome to see this appliance in the works

3. Jovon T. says

I just saw this beauty today and worked it out so that I can give payments and get it! Woot! My mother actually found it on a FB yard sale site and it is in pristine condition with original instructions and everything! My mom said that my great grandmother, Nannie, had one just like it! How I loved my Nannie! Only mine has just the one oven….

I do have a question though. I have a vintage dinette set with yellow Formica top and matching chairs and the chrome. It’s like it’s new, it’s been very well taken care of. I am wanting to do my kitchen in the black and white checkerboard linoleum, and now I have this stove. I also have a Coldspot refrigerator from (I think) the late 1920’s to early 1930’s. So here is my dilemma…I love all these pieces so so so much, but they are all from different eras…but aren’t they all kind of similar? I am no expert at all like you, Pam, but do you think these eras could be mixed tastefully and in a fun unique way without looking like I am all over the map (which I guess I kind of am, LOL). I was also kind of thinking…well nowadays people have appliances and tables and dishes and everything that are all kinds of different years old because not everyone stays “state of the art”. Like you move into an apartment or house built in the 70’s and it may have an 80’s fridge, 70’s cabinets, 90’s bathroom and you have the newest chic kitchen table or loveseat or something…yet it works nice…see what I’m saying?

Here are the links to pictures of the items I have (except the linoleum at the moment):

Refrigerator – http://www.pinterest.com/pin/423690277417114843/

Stove – http://www.pinterest.com/pin/423690277417111459/

Table – http://www.pinterest.com/pin/423690277417114779/

Thanks so much in advance for any and all advice!

4. Vickie Ezzell says

I an looking for a new or guaranteed used thermostat for my Frigidaire Flair oven. My stove is a Custom Deluxe Model RCDB-640-2. The original part number is 6564064. I understand the part numbers may have been replaced with different ones through the years. Any info anyone has will be helpful. Thank you.

Vickie, head to our Kitchen Help / Appliances category. At the top you will see our story about where to go to look for help with vintage appliances. Good luck!

5. Joanne says

The only thing I would like to say is I would like to see these come back. I like the way the oven door opens upward. No reaching across a hot oven door, or if you have a full range no nearly tripping over the oven door that is nearly to the floor. This 1960’s Fridgidair Flair is a great model. I keep hoping they will bring it back for the consumers to buy. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please. Please. :)