Comments

Thanks for featuring my memo pad/phone caddy! Actually, you only hang the receiver on the hook when you answer the phone and the call is for someone else, or you have to “put the phone down” for a moment. A nifty idea, I think!

Cheers,
    Shannon

Ah, Shannon, that makes sense! And troy – your powers of deduction are much better than mine, to be sure!

Using my skills of deduction, I suspect that you’d use this to hold the receiver when you otherwise need to put it down without hanging up. For instance, to check to see if you have 2 cups of flour for your neighbor to borrow. Or to go and look out the front window to see if Tommy is still playing with Billy, even though Tommy’s mom told him to be home an hour ago.

Of course neither of these would happen today, as you’d merely fire up your gas guzzler and head down to the SUPER-MART and buy the flour yourself. And Tommy would clearly have his own cell phone, but the chances that he’d be anywhere but in front of his Wii are slim to none.

3. pam kueber says

Moddities informs me that this sold immediately after it was posted here on RetroRenovation.com. Lucky buyer!

4. SD Amy says

Thank you for listing that, Pam. I will enjoy it as it hangs on my wall next to my original rotary dial wall phone : )
    This is probably the 3rd time I had to get the item you were listing here – 1st time from Etsy! Thank you for keeping your eyes peeled and sharing with the masses!!
    ~Amy

5. Maria says

I was helping my mom clean yesterday and came across this exact item in its original box. I asked her what she wanted me to do with it, and she asked if I could find out how much it is worth. She has no sentimental attachment to it (even though she still has the rotary phone). I’m very pleased to see it listed here. I’ll let her know how much it is valued (dollar-wise and by vintage phone enthusiasts).