Cheryl Wheeler sings “Estate Sale”

WELL, THIS SONG GETS RIGHT DOWN to brass tacks and sums estate sales right up. I hereby declare it, the new Retro Renovation anthem. Long live, Cheryl Wheeler! So…what did you all find in all the drawers and trunks and closets (and thrift stores, Re-Stores, ebay, craigslist, etsy) this weekend?

Comments

1. Missouri Michael says

That is great! We don’t have those kinds of sales around here where you go through the house to see what’s for sale. When someone passes around here there is a big estate auction that draws in half of the town.

2. Mary-Frances Main says

Oh, I LOVE here – and perhaps (if you’re a fan) you now recognize the name of my other blog? “Frequently Wrong But Never In Doubt” ! 🙂

3. Susie says

A very elaborate and right-on take on estate sales! A lot of people in Tennessee advertise estate sales, and you drive down some dirt road off the main track for about five miles only to find a front yard with one table of junk. I have had the good fortune to stumble upon a few amazing estate sales, but it’s a rare occasion. It is sad to go through the dead people’s stuff, though. 🙁 There weren’t any estate sales this weekend around me, but I did go to the flea market and found all kinds of goodies including a new/vintage shadowbox (pictures on my blog at http://www.thegoncehouse.blogspot.com)!

Oh my gosh, how I love this song and video! It will be playing in my head as my own personal soundtrack as I head to future estate sales here. I live in Florida so we get fairly lucky; although, this weekend here there were 3 “estate” sales advertised and none of them were real estate sales.

I did find a few new treasures for my niece who’s having a baby in August and I found an awesome pair of Born sandals (in one of my favorite styles) for $1.00! That made my morning!

Oh, and two weeks ago I got my coveted Heywood Wakefield buffeet for $275.00 off Craigslist so I’m a happy girl!

5. Liz says

I hadn’t thought of this song in years, but it is hysterically funny… but now I have the Potato Song stuck in my head!!!!!! Cheryl fans will know what I mean.

6. loumeigs says

That is hilarious. We always call our finds “dead peoples stuff”, including our house! We hit the goodwill in Seattle and found vintage measuring cups, board games; we’re vintage game nuts, albums; Michael Jackson’s Thriller!!!, and my fave at a roadside fruit/antique barn between here and there was a 1960’s teak table lamp with it’s original? fiberglass barrel shade!! I took it right out of the dealer’s hands before he could set it on the table.

7. psydoc945 says

LOVE Cheryl Wheeler, and yes, this song hits it right where all of us garage sale fanatics live. Only thing she left out was a verse about how awfully filthy one gets pawing through all the dead people’s houses . . .

8. atomicbowler-laura says

This is great! Dave & I found it a few weeks ago and have shared with our friends. He spontaneously bursts out in song!