Barkcloth and custom sewing from Tonic Fabrics

tonic-living-boomerang-beat-barkclothChristine spots a new resource for barkcloth and custom sewing — Tonic Fabrics, based in Toronto. She writes: “Hi, I … found this website while searching for a good fabric for curtains for my grey and maroon bathroom, they have amazing fabrics and offer custom sewing.” — Christine.  Thanks, Christine. I notice that Tonic Fabrics also offers a big selection of mod futon covers, most about $95 — a quick and easy idea to spice up a home office that also must double as a guest room. And… how is your bathroom coming along?

Comments

1. John says

Hi Christine,
    Great find on Canadian fabric and the prices are soooo reasonable. Great selection of 50’s geometric patterns.

John

That is some sweet material Pam! I have it myself, and recently used it for my “By the Fireside” vignette!
    See it here:

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/zx7i35.jpg[/IMG]

I love Barkcloth!

3. Anita says

I just recently got that sample from them along with a few others to reupholster our ‘new’ vintage bamboo 1950s tiki sofa! Another source is J & O fabrics online. I ordered some samples from them also, they are about $5/yd more expensive but the samples they sent were a heavier blend of barkcloth, I don’t know if all are or if it’s just the ones I happened to pick.

4. MrsErinD says

Hey, I just got this exact fabric recently and made drapes for my living room, I wanted to do pinch pleats but had a tight budget, it is a great price though for barkcloth and I just adore it, I need to get another yard so I can cover a little stool I have too.

I have pics of my drapes from that barkcloth in my living room flickr pics here~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/7539647@N05/

Oh, and it takes a little while to arrive because they are in Canada, I just got standard shipping, but it’s worth it, I just adore that pattern!

Christine, I added your blog to my blogroll. I’ll contact you separately about doing a post about your retro renovation bathroom. Great job!

5. Cindy says

What a great fabric site. and Erin, I just love love love your draperies…gee they would look great in my pad…..five+ years after moving in I still have bare windows. It intimidates me to choose fabric for four large windows and a slider to the patio because too much pattern will be overkill and not enough won’t look retro…….the quest continues and I’ll bookmark Tonicliving.com.