Yeehaw, mid-century *modern* and *modest*

pam-drill

The retro decorating gods -- and I -- thank you. Photo by Erica Berger, thanks, E.

Wednesday night update:
Retro Renovation was one of 6 finalists in Apartment Therapy’s contest to choose the favorite home-design blog of 2009. Voting is now closed, and it looks like Remodelista is the winner, followed by Young House Love, and Decor8. Retro Renovation finished 4th — a fantastic outcome, in my mind, considering the nature of the blog, which is outside the mainstream, mass-market. I’ll do a follow up post after AT makes it all final, which they say is tomorrow night. So look for my official thank-you Friday morning. Meanwhile, my very sincere thanks to everyone who #1, voted us into the finals, and #2 then helped us make this great showing for mid-century *modern* and *modest* alike. xoxo pam
the homies

Comments

1. genjenn says

I voted. Then, I took a little salt from my original Bing & Grondahl Seagull pattern shaker, threw it over my shoulder and wished you much luck.

I am grateful for your hard work, Pam. Thank you.

2. Cindy says

No question about it! retrorenovation is the best. Your passion comes through in every single post, Pam. I’m sure you’ll have lots of good things up your sleeve for us in 2010.
    In the meantime I’m voting in the poll…but gee, it takes them a long time to register me and send me the link………grrrrrrr.

3. Caryn says

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Pam and everyone here! It was a pleasure to vote for you. Thank you for all your work!

Can’t imagine voting for anyone else! So, I did :)
    I had to register as “AtomicTikimama” because someone had the gall to use my name! *humph*
    Merry Christmas to you Pam, and all the RetroRenovation Readers!

5. Annie B. says

Vote early and vote often! (just kidding!)

Thanks to Pam for another great year of RR. No one deserves the award more than she does!

6. sumac sue says

Give me an R! Give me an E! Give me a T! Give me an R! Give me an O! Whaddya got — Retro!

It’s Number One! It’s Number One!

Yea Pam! Go Pam Go!

(Sorry. Been watching too many bowl games.)

7. nina462 says

It was a hassle to try to figure out that website…but well worth it so I could cast my vote for my fav website.
    You are a God-send! Hope you (we) win!

8. RetroSandie says

I voted, Pam!! I hope this site wins. Since I discovered you it’s now my daily window on all things retro. My favorite era…the era I grew up in!!! Even though I’m not actually renovating, I hope to begin acquiring some mid century furniture, etc. My BIG treat this year was my Little Beauty-a 4 ft. Evergleam aluminum tree with a color wheel of course! It brings me so much joy (as one did when I was a kid) that I may just leave it up to gaze at every night!! LOL

9. handyandy says

This competition brought me out of the ‘lurker shadows’ to register and vote. I have enjoyed your site for months and now it’s time to acknowledge your great work. Thanks, Pam!

10. MrsErinD says

Ooo just saw this, I just voted, and I think you should win, this is the best blog out there! :O) If it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have my corona sofa, and I have learned so much here!

Good Luck Pam!!!