Vintage barware for a picnic

My friend Therese found these vintage glasses at a local junk store. They came in a basket with a handle with space for each glass and on the side, spaces for your napkins and silver. Like, you would keep these handy to tote to the patio. Aren’t they magical?

Comments

Gorgeous! I hope you’ve got this pic on flickr, because I’d love to have it in my Mid-Century Sea Life Motifs group.
    I think I’d be too scared to actually use these in the fear that they’d get broken – a problem with minty vintage items!

2. Annie B. says

Wow! Talk about swanky swigs! I can just imagine this set atop a huge redwood picnic table circled with red geraniums in clay pots. Outdoor living in its heyday! Congrats to Therese on a wonderful find.

I have the matching chip and dip set. You know- the one with the big cone-shaped bowl and matching smaller bowl that attached on the side with a metal holder. It is packed away right now because I moved recently, but I will try and post a pick once it is found.

Oh how I love the gold with blue barware…I have pieces but not a set like that!! yummy! With this motif? perfect for my home in Nantucket! (ooops! it’s not mine — dang!)

5. James says

Very cool glasses. I own quite a bit of vintage barware with the aqua and gold (and somtimes silver) color combinations. That must have been a common combo of colors back in the day. The set pictured in this posting is especially nice.

6. Masonoid says

I just found a simillar set at a tag sale this week, though it has a wheat motif and in a wire carrier, was a steal for six bucks!