Six mid-century style sconces from Lowe’s

Over on flickr, Atomic Village posted photos from her dining room renovation, including these new sconces she found at Lowe’s. They definitely emulate the look of authentic mid-century modern lighting, and at $37 each they are good deal, especially if you are getting tired of waiting for your ebay ship to come in. Atomic Village’s find inspired me to check on other wall sconces available from Lowe’s that might be mid-mod appropriate, and I found six sconces in all:

Comments

Pam,
    Thank you so much for featuring my new sconces! I’m truly honored!! I have to say that they are good quality too…no thin, flimsy glass. The glass is nice and thick. And no two are exactly alike! At least not in the case of my local Lowes. I hope others will enjoy them as much as we are!
    Victoria

2. Fiona - Notorious Kitsch says

oh Pam yet again you torment the people on the wrong side of the pond!

Victoria those sconces are lovely!

*sigh*

3. Linda Blackmore says

Love these! I want to go retro in my attic bedroom. Have a Haywood-Wakefield bedroom suit, green speckled tile and knotty pine. The sconces there are early american looking, and I’ve been trying to figure out what to do. These are perfect. Thanks for this and thanks for your site. I love it and look forward to each post.

4. tailfin says

I’ve seen the sconces Victoria used in 2 different homes recently, and they really are beautiful. The 2 homes I saw them in were Victorians, but both had been redone and their owners used contemporary light fixtures to contrast with the turn-of-the-century architectural detailing. As Victoria mentioned, the glass on these sconces is thick, so they’re not as fragile as they appear. They really are eye-catching in the right setting and would blend well with mid-mod furnishings.

5. Jordan says

We used this same sconce from Lowe’s in the hallway of our 1959 modern split level. We have had for a couple of years now and are still getting compliments on it! A great fixture for the price!

I have found Lowe’s to be much better than my hometown Big Box retailer on the mid-century design front. We got two of our kitchen lights there plus some cool switch covers after find nothing at the “Orange” store that was a design fit.

Thanks to Victoria, we just installed these today and they look great! And here’s to no longer stalking eBay! Surely there is something else I could be doing with my time! : )

8. Katy says

Sent my husband to Lowe’s last Sat. and instructed him to purchase one and install it in my son’s bedroom. When I came home I was soooo excited to see it installed – it looks terrific!!! Thank you for the recommendation. I’ve been looking for the right light in his room for many years and finally that task can be checked off the “to do” list.

9. hannah says

REALLY love the one posted. I prefer it over the vintage ones that are currently in my bathroom (and I think original to the house), but they look very industrial and I’m not really thrilled with them. These would give it some real pizzazz. Other than the bath, we have no place for sconces. Frammit!