38+ pretty front doors: Upload a photo of your front door, too!

I didn’t find too much at the estate sale in Pittsfield yesterday — some old Life magazines and a portable tripod. So after I was done, I wandered around the neighborhood to take pictures and decided to focus on the front doors, which were all kind of sparkly..

What a lovely picture-taking stroll I had: It was a gorgeous day…  it’s that time of year, still very much “spring” here in the Berkshires, where everything is a delicious new green… I was on a gorgeous street where the houses are very well kept…. and when people are SO excited to be outdoors again that they have gone out of their way to make the entry ways to their homes welcoming and delightful. These homes were all built in the 1920s and 1930s, I believe. They are colonials and romantic revival tudors, for the most part. But, I’ve cropped that out so what you see are just the front doors and entry ways (and some pups keeping tabs, too!),  which make it all kind of… everylastingly timeless. Love.

We’d love to see your front door, too. You can upload it in a snapplease frame or crop your photo as I have belowTerms of Use apply:

[ngg_uploader id = 91]

To see the photos in this slide show, click on the first image, look for the description just below it, and use the arrows there to move forward or back:

Comments

1. Gavin Hastings says

Reminds me of that “Doorways of Ireland” Poster from the 1970’s.

I really want to say something about the placement and sizing of the replacement shutters-but I won’t. Instead I will say that I really like the proportion and balance of homes #9,19 and 24.

Please do a chapter on shutters before it is too late!

2. TappanTrailerTami says

Wow, the starburst door is awesome, and I definitely want to see more of JMach’s tudor cottage……no fair just teasing us with an awesome door!

Great survey of some lovely doors. The craftsmanship of so many of them speak about an era when hand work was treasured. Although newer doors are much more spare and unadorned they have their charms, like the gorgeous turquoise one you show. I want to see more mid-century doors from your readers!

What a fun Tour of Doors!

I want a source for mid-century doors or look alikes. Our sorta ranch house has extremely boring doors.

5. pam kueber says

READERS: You MUST put your name in description or I will not approve the photos. I need to know who is sending in what. Thank you.

6. David Bramblette says

Thanks Gavin ! My wife and I designed them to compliment the front door and I made them myself. We have a 1959 tri-level in Louisville, KY and are having a blast renovating in the midcentury style. I look at Pam’s website everyday for inspiration.

7. Jeff says

Hi guys, mine’s the turquoise door with the three windows and starburst hardware. I did label it when I uploaded it, hope it worked! Oh, and there’s another starburst on the inside! Had to rub it in-

8. Mrs. Pitcher says

LOVE the door with the three circles! I’ll upload one when I get fresh batteries in my camera. Have to clean it first, though, 😉

9. Ana Watson says

Love them all! If “James in PDX” of image #26 catches this or if any one else can help, I have tried endlessly to get that teal’ish color for my 60’s lake house and everything looks dreadful. Could I get the name and Brand of that paint??? I may have to steal the idea of an all white trim scheme as well. THANKSSSSS!