8 vintage style wall-mount kitchen faucets

eight wall mount kitchen faucetsIf you have a bungalow kitchen, a farmhouse kitchen, a cottage kitchen — or just like the look — a wall-mount kitchen faucet may be for you. For sure, these say “old-fashioned Aunty Em homey”, don’t they? I am certain there are lots of brands out there, but if I were looking, the first place I would turn to is these eight vintage style kitchen faucets from Strom Plumbing / Sign of the Crab.

Now, Strom is a wholesale company — so you cannot buy directly from them. But, I love that they have their entire wholesale catalog online — so that you don’t have to hunt and peck all over the goshdarned internet to try and scope everything that is out there until you want to scream. If you do want one of the eight wall-mount kitchen faucets above, you will indeed have to find a retailer. QUICK TIP: Type the “model number” and the word “faucet”  into google to see all the places selling it online… For example, I typed “P0830C faucet” into google… turns out this faucet with the pot-filler spot is called the “Madeira” model, and prices seem to run from $392 to $600 — a big spread.

I know many readers will balk at even $392. Yes, that’s a lot. But I will say: My beloved Mississippi bathroom faucets also are from Strom, and while I cannot vouch for the kitchen faucets shown above from personal experience, my Mississippi lavs feel very heavy, high-quality and just wonderful to the touch. For something I use every day, many times, they seem so far to have been well worth the investment. There are likely other ways to compare quality… beyond my knowledge, sorry.

Installing on the cast iron backsplash of a cast iron sink:

In Sept. 2016, reader Thea commented:

I’m installing my grandparents’ cast iron sink in our laundry room. Unfortunately, the plumber says there is a problem with the Signature Hardware wall mount faucet I chose because it wasn’t designed for the thickness of the cast iron backsplash. It is a standard faucet like the ones shown in this article…. Signature Hardware disagrees, saying extensions can be obtained from a hardware store…. Any insight to install? Thanks.

I do not know the answer this — but I’d start with deabath.com. I bet they could help you solve this problem.

Link:  Strom Plumbing / Sign of the Crab. You can see these via the Catalog tab.

Comments

Hi Pam,
    I’ve been a reader for quite some time and wonder if you are able to help. I have a 1949 home with a wallmount faucet. 12 years ago the original was replaced with the Delta Faucet 200 (single-handle). Now it is on its last legs and I am not able to find a single-handle faucet anywhere – Delta has discontinued the 200. All the ones I have seen have separate cold/hot handles. Would be great if you can provide any info. Much appreciated!

-linda

2. Zoe says

Just want to point out (so no one is disappointed) that the bottom left photo shows a deck-mounted version. I am actually about *this close* to ordering this Strom kitchen faucet; cannot decide between this one and a very contemporary (but single-handled!) polished nickel faucet — and I promise that if I do buy it, I’ll click through from your site to Amazon!

Thanks, Zoe, I appreciate it. It’s actually quite amazing how much can be sourced via Amazon, including links to standalone websites. It certainly helps me out …. but that said, order from wherever makes sense to you!

3. John says

Hi Pam,
    First, thank you for all the wonderful content. I’ve definitely bookmarked this site to come back to again and again.

I had a question about fixtures that I was hoping you could help with. With the kitchen sinks in the 40-50s, have you noticed if there is a standard fixture hole size (1 1/2″, 1 3/4″, etc.)? If so, what were the standards? Or was it a bit more free form?

Thanks again!

Hi John, thank you for your nice comment. Alas, I do not know the answer to this question or have enough background to even speculate.

4. Kathy says

Searching for laundry or utility tub faucets can lead to some variations on the wall faucet, mostly commercial versions that aren’t too expensive and are probably quite sturdy. Laundry and utility sinks can be a useful alternative to kitchen and bathroom sink

5. Tisha says

Anyone know the correct way to mount the faucet? I have one of these in my house and it needs a new faucet. It appears that the old faucet was snug to the sink without leaking just by luck.

6. Thea says

I’m installing my grandparents’ cast iron sink in our laundry room. Unfortunately, the plumber says there is a problem with the Signature Hardware wall mount faucet I chose because it wasn’t designed for the thickness of the cast iron backsplash. It is a standard faucet like the ones shown in this article. Any insight to install? Thanks.