The Garage Sale to Restore Sanity and/or Fear

The attic needs more insulation. And the crush of excess belongings — including tons of stuff accumulated for the last house and tons of stuff “rescued” from local estate sales — is causing serious feng shui energy constipation. Hey, I can’t make it to Washington, D.C. for the real deal Rally with Jon Stewart and i-luv-Stephen Colbert, hence: The Garage Sale to Restore Sanity and/or Fear. Saturday, Oct. 30. My house.

Comments

ok. I have a 30″ hammered coppertone… if i don’t sell it at the Garage Sale to Restore Sanity and/or Fear, I will put it on clist or ebay. The stuff has got to GO!

1. vintage_vantage says

Your motivated. I have a pile in my basement that needs to be sorted and sold, but I never get to it.

I found curtains, a lighting fixture, and old books that I now have to figure out where to put… Is there medication or something for this retro diease?

Ahhhhh! Too short notice and I have a funeral to go to in the morning (RIP G-pop) otherwise we’d make a day trip out of it. Good luck with the sale.

I need to get in that transporter, too, Jen! California is just waaay to far away from your house, Pam, and I am having a little temper tantrum because I can’t be there!

Please let us know when things go up for sale on the internet 🙂

4. Robert says

Here I sit in northern New Mexico where the only things listed as “vintage” at garage sales are broken Tickle Me Elmos and stacks of Mouse eaten Harlequin romance novels.
    I need to move to your neighbourhood Pam.

5. Nina462 says

Must’ve been the day to do some cleaning! I cleaned out the garage (from leftover garage stuff that had been stored there since May!)…trip to the Salvation Army store…came home with some vintage Christmas stuff (why?).
    At least I can store the classic car now for the winter (68 Dodge Coronet).

6. Nina462 says

oh, I must say went to the Michigan UP to visit the niece last weekend ….went to a couple antique stores….ooooh, if I only had room in the trunk. I found 2 really, really nice tv’s (consoles). very nicely priced too. A bargain for someone up north.

7. Annie B. says

This reminds me of my Great Purge of August; however, now I am obsessing over vintage ephemera for collaging (or at least, that’s what I’m calling it).

All the indoor real estate I gained last summer is quickly disappearing under boxes of books, papers, magazines, etc. My advice is to get busy on the insulation before you have the chance to re-fill the attic!