My mid century modern kitchen — for Sims 3

mid century kitchen for sim cityOkay, here is a development out of the blog that I was not anticipating: Sarah creates”free custom content recolours for the Sims 2 and the Sims 3.” I think that means “Sim City,” but woah, I am out of my element. In her post on her blog, AweSims, Sarah says that she really likes my kitchen, and as a result, has created her own version of it for use in the Sims virtual world. Isn’t that cool? Straight from 1963 into —> The Matrix. I love Sarah’s “Geneva Kitchen” — which has been download 2,181 times (so far) — installed, I presume, in 2,181 virtual kitchens.

Comments

1. Guy Morgan says

She also has loads of other lovely mid century modern furniture for the sims3, her blog is how I found this one 🙂

• Guy Morgan says

Hi yes I am actually 20. This is rather embarrassing, I used to have a wordpress account years ago, looks like I had an old photo of me in my teen years as my av. It was quite a shock when it popped up after entering my email address and posting!

• Guy Morgan says

It’s fine 🙂 I’m glad I found out about your wonderful blog. I find mid century modernism fascinating, I study furniture design myself. Thankfully I’ve been able to change my avatar now too!

2. John says

Hi Pam,
    I have thought of another application. The software could also be used by anyone wanting to design a retro kitchen or other room for that matter based on their own room dimensions so they could see how placement,color and various materials look together before actually going ahead with the restoration.
    There may be other programs out there that do a similar thing since I have seen designers on Home Improvement shows doing before and after CGI presentations to home owners before work is done.
    I would like to panel my office/computer room and this would give me a chance to try different woods and layouts to find the perfect look before I spend the money. Bathroom restorations would be a great application of this since tile comes in so many shapes and colors.

John

3. Jason says

The Sims 3 is a (highly addicting) videogame! Thanks for posting this; I will need to download and add it into my game content!

4. RoadrunnerNM says

I love The Sims. Whenever I see a cute house or interior I itch to build it in the Sims to see how it would function. I also did this with our apartment that we renovated (great tool to see beyond the chaos to the finished project).

5. Ruth Margolis-Bowman says

LOVE it. My computer has grown unstable and my Sims just don’t run well on it anymore. I WANT this for one of my families. Oh man….

I can’t get into the Sims, tried a couple years ago, just didn’t do anything for me, but this is a cool idea. I was playing around with Google SketchUP a while back, building different addition ideas for our rancher, and something like this could be implemented for the final product so someone can get a really good idea what it’s going to look like when it’s done.

*squee* Thanks for featuring my (your?) kitchen! I had a blast creating it (I used 3DS max to create the 3d meshes, and you can make it any colour or pattern you want in The Sims 3 – its super versatile)

I come here pretty much every day for inspiration, and I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to see *my* site on here!

I LOVE mid century furniture and design (everything really), and because that furniture is often *so* expensive and out of my reach, I can just make it for my Sims, and live vicariously through them, haha.

John, I use it all the time to rearrange and redecorate my apartment!. Its not exactly to scale (and you can’t change the grid in the Sims unfortunately), but it sure is fun to experiment with different looks, layouts and materials! Of course since we are renting, I can’t actually make any of my dreams reality yet, but that day will come hehe.

MbS, re, geraniums, ohhhh yessss ?

8. Zenka Wistram says

There’s a rather large bunch of midcentury mod aficionados in the Sims 3 community. 🙂 Awesims is the first place to look – she does beautiful work.