Couches for 1940s, 1950s or 1960s living rooms — Upload photos of your sofa!

pink vintage sofaIt was fun yesterday to look at my list of 19 mid-century modern sofas you can buy today. Lots of readers chimed in with comments on their sofas. So I thought: Let’s see ’em. If you have a few minutes this weekend, take a photo of your sofa, couch, or davenport :) and upload it using the form below. Vintage? New? Modern? Modest? Grandma’s? A dumpster dive? Original upholstery? New upholstery? Perfect? Wrecked but beloved?  Tell us the story, too! Above: Tamera’s gorgeous sofa – original upholstery. A gift from her husband, found with two fabulous midcentury chairs for $150 total. Eat your hearts out.

Read more about Tamera’s finds on her blog, I Dare Say.

Plus, here are some that don’t want to seem to upload. Sorry, the plugin is being funky, and I don’t know why…

Gavin says: My Mother’s 1964 Henredon sofa-plopped into the middle of my living room. Haven’t decided what to do with it yet.

1960’s Mid Century sectional sofa with original cushions. Would this be classified as Danish modern? I found this set about 7 years ago at a Salvation Army for $25. (Pam, I made sure I included our nice front door for your enjoyment.)

Tips to view slide show: Click on first image… it will enlarge and you can also read my captions… move forward or back via arrows below the photo… you can start or stop at any image:

1. Judy says

I have the exact same couch as Tamera’s minus the legs. The matching chair as well. “Stolen” from my parent’s basement rec room. It’s the same couch we used in our living room until I was about 14. The fabric shows a tad bit of wear from cat scratching on the lower corners but, otherwise, is in perfect condition. Very sturdy and VERY comfortable. And now I know what kind of legs to buy!

2. Brian says

The pink couch, image #32, titled “livingroom-028” – tell me what you know about it. I saw the same model in turquoise a few years ago and it’s become my great white whale. My dream couch. Knowing the brand, year, model, any of that would be helpful. Thanks!

That’s a reader’s vintage couch with original frieze upholstery. You gotta find that one vintage.

That’s all I know…

See Decorate / Furniture category for all our stories about sofas.

• Brian says

Okay, thanks. If you happen to hear from the reader, let me know. And thanks for all the great reading over the years!

3. randy says

I’m searching for a good used vintage sofa/couch for my 1955 vintage trailer I’m reduing. I have 92 inches in length but would not mind with shorter sofa even love seat in a dark red. I do see some ideas you show but not sure if for sale and how much.

Randy, we don’t sell anything here on the blog (except for Save the Pink Bathroom tee shirts!) You have to find vintage sofas … vintage on craigslist, at local thrift and antique stores, etc. You can also buy new — there are many great sources today making this style. Good luck.

4. Stephen says

Hello I’m Stephen. I am wondering if the 1955 sofa apololstered in white is for sale? If not do you know where I might find one? Or can you please tell me what brand it is etc so I might begin searching for one. I am ready to purchase immediately and that sofa is absolutely MORE than perfect for me!!! Please please please email me a response. I appreciate it more than you know!

Stephen, these were all reader sofas, not sofas for sale. You need to hunt… vintage. Start watching your craigslist like a hawk. Good luck.

5. pam kueber says

Closing comments on this post, as they have become redundant. Readers: We do not do valuations, identifications, buying or selling here.