Early American steakhouse restaurant lighting from Barn Light Electric

early american lighting from barnlight electricThere are days I laugh myself silly as I go prowling all over the internet, probing for the most unlikely places to find new sources of products that are *just* over the rainbow in terms of trendiness today. When I find them, I just laugh laugh laugh, because I know they were trendy ‘back when’ — and that soon, enough, they will be trendy again — although the larger, mainstream design world may not be ready for them just yet. 6 p.m. last night was one of those moments: When I discovered the one-, two-, three-, and, yes, four-bulb configurations for these Early American-esque chandeliers tucked away in the Commercial section of Barn Light Electric’s website. Clearly: Steakhouse chandeliers. And I fell out of my chair, all giggly, because I love them!

early american lighting from barnlight electricGot knotty pine? A nook somewhere that needs a little light? Hows about this coppertone beauty?  Get yee a vintage Ethan Allen club chair, wrap yourself up in a granny square afghan, and settle in to reacquaint yourself with Dr. Strangelove. Life does not get any better.

early-american-lighting-barnlight-electricThe lights come in a variety of finishes. I am partial to the Early American looks – black iron, copper, tarnished looking… I like the one- and two-bulb designs.

restaurant lighting

But those three- and four-bulbers: Too much. Unless you have a 12′ salad bar in your kitchen.

Tee hee.

See all the Barn Light Electric Commercial Lighting here.  Made in the U.S.A., yay!

Disclosure: Barn Light Electric is currently an advertiser. This story is not part of the deal, though.

Comments

1. Trouble says

Man, that’s awesome. I like the first two myself, and they remind me of our dining room lamp. We found it in a barn built in 1860 that’s now an antique shop in Unadilla, NY. It’s a burnished copper pull down lamp, with wrought iron design. It also has the black damper on a chain above the frosted light “bottle”. The shade is a good 17″, scalloped at the bottom, and little diamond punch-outs around the circumference.

This Early American is neat for me, since it’s the style we are following in our home restoration!

2. Gavin Hastings says

Those “flicker” bulbs only add to the charm-and I can’t believe I’m falling for them.

I first saw them in an ice cream parlor in 1968-and thought they were sooo elegant! I was nine….

Oh yes — the flicker bulbs! I did not even notice them til you mentioned them. Yes: A Must Have!

• Trouble says

Mom and Dad had wooden candle with flicker bulbs in them from the ’60s, until recently. My moronic brother decided to chuck them.
      We also have wooden candles with black leather flames? IDK what that’s about!

3. Jay says

Sorry Guys! not buying in to these replicas; the scale and lines are all wrong, with the cow bell down lights stuck on, they would be too large height wise for most mid mod ranchers, mine included. I think I’ll live with the memories of the childhood western themed restaurant my parents used to take us to, that had the wagon wheel / flicker bulbs and tiffany lights and waitresses who shot off cap guns.

Party pooper! Yes, a big light. So nix the cowbell… In a big room this might worked swagged just fine… Same effect as a wagon wheel light, essentially.

4. GB500 says

Reminds me of Sizzler Steakhouse. I have to agree with Jay — some things are best left in the past!

5. Marion Powell says

I agree with you that the first two lights are great, but minus the bells.
    Unlike most of your readers I have a house built in 1996. It’s your typical two story, 2,400 sq.ft., bonus room over the garage. Fine house but I want a cottage!

About two years ago I started buying old fashioned maple furniture. I have three prized pieces of Cushman Colonial. I have two sets of bedroom furniture made by Empire Furniture Co. of Johnson City, TN. I found a small hutch at an estate sale but all the above as well as a table and Ethan Allen chairs and a small couch on Craigs List. Oops, forgot the Cushman coffee table and four cricket stools.

I love your site for ideas and helpful info. I spent two hours the other day reading your Pam’s Kitchen post and all the links. Lots of fun.

Thank you for the nice comments, Marion. You would love where I live. Lots and lots of vintage maple at terrific prices. The stuff is BUILT TO LAST!