Let’s help Helen find her last steel kitchen cabinet!

republic steel kitchen cabinetDo you need something important for your ongoing renovation project… something you are hoping and praying the Retro Decorating Gods will send your way at a great price and in great condition? Well, if so, now is the time to show the RDGs what a humble and devoted servant you are — by helping the humble and devoted servant Helen — aka 52PostnBeam — to find the one last stinkin’ rotten vintage steel cabinet she needs for her kitchen renovation.

If you are a regular to the rockin’ steel kitchen cabinet buy/sell Forum, you will know that Helen aka 52Pnb has been loading it up with cabinet listings from across the nation for, like, the past two years. She has helped numerous buyers find their sellers, and in the process, she has become the galaxy’s #1 expert on vintage steel kitchen cabinets. For example: She wrote up this fabulous analysis of vintage steel kitchen cabinet pricing… and she shared this information on under-counter “cabinettes”.

After two years of searching, she has parsed together all the cabinets she needs for her kitchen remodel, except for this one last cabinet. She needs: An 18″ high by 30″ wide Republic or GE wall cabinet. They are super similar, either brand will do. Again — Helen needs just one. She has started her remodel — gutting is done, framing etc. is under way. So how about — we all pull together to help? Some ideas:

• Do you have one of these cabinets?
  • Are you going to be in your Re-Store — can you look for her?
  • Hey, maybe we can all post a “Wanted” on our local craigslist, with this photo and text: “Wanted: Helping friend complete retro style kitchen. Need one 18″high x 30″wide vintage metal kitchen wall cabinet — made by either Republic or GE — identical to the one in photo (cabinet as designed has no handles). White, no dents no dings on doors.”

Let’s put out our retro-luv-vibes and help our friend — who has helped so many others. If you have a cabinet to share or a lead to provide — leave a comment. I will watch and email you. Thank you!

Comments

1. CindyD says

Will keep my eyes peeled for this, Helen. You’ve helped so many of us and I know what it’s like to be ‘gutted’ without one piece. Fingers crossed!

2. Kathy says

I just did a search on CL but nothing turned up I’ll keep looking but I wouldn’t be surprised if in my neck of the woods folks don’t see the value!

3. Helen aka 52postnbeam says

The RDGs are def listening, two sets of Republic Steel were listed today! Both in states where I have friends. Neither has the cab I need though 🙁 … but it’s a good sign.

4. Melanie says

I read this post and thought, “OH!!!! I’ve got one!!!!” 🙁 Then I got out the tape measure and it’s 36″ and no clue what brand.

I’ve been haunting craigs list in my area looking for a stove, so I’ll keep an eye out for a cabinet.

5. Jason in Denver says

Hello Helen it’s been awhile since your post. i have a few white Geneva Cabnets that fit the bill. Hoping to give them a good HOME:)

6. JuliaE says

I’m on the lookout for a vintage metal cabinet 18″ high x 30 wide and no more than 14″depth. let me know if you have one for sale.

7. Manny says

I work for a general contractor and we are doing a remodel of an old high rise. All the cabinets are steel and they are GE. Ther is also a one piece sink, stove and refrigerator unit. All of which are going to go to scrap. I want to take them home because of there value. But don’t know where to start.

8. Matt says

I have one cabinet left that I pulled out of a basement. I am not sure of the manufacturer because it has been painted over, The measurements are 18″ in height by 36″ in length. If I remember correctly it is 13″ deep. If anyone is interested, shoot me an email and I’ll send photos and more beta. Thanks.