Metal trim to prevent food from falling between your stove and countertop

countertop trim for space between counter and stove

So here is a little piece of trim made to fit between the edge of your countertop and the edge of your stove, to prevent all manner of food from dropping down between. Hmmm, a handy dandy that I didn’t even know I needed, but which I am pretty sure would make DH, a neat freak, very happy. I think I will wield my blogger status and call and ask to try it out. The trim is available in white, black, almond or stainless steel from Vance Industries, which we’ve spotlighted for their 18 sizes of hudee rings and their built-in, hudee-ringed trivet/cutting boards. This is one retro-licious company.

Comments

1. tailfin says

So is the trim piece made to be used while cooking & then removed for easy cleaning or is it meant to be set in permanently? I’m assuming it’s meant to be removed when not in use. But what a great idea!

2. Amy Hill says

I remember these! Sometimes when I read your posts, it’s a trip down memory lane. I need to get two of these. Can you ask for an extra couple in black & I’ll be the guinea pig for that color? I have a black drop-in stove, and it’s got counter top on both sides.

We’re painting the inside of the little house this summer. Banishing the harvest gold and avocado green colored darkness and coming in to the Cottage White light. We have to use flash lights to see in the cupboards it’s so gloomy!

3. Jason says

My Mom used these type things in her home. The DO help in keeping those pesky little crumbs, etc from dropping between the counter and the stove and help keep bugs away.Another idea could be to take some of the retro “T” molding counter top edging material and cut it to length for the depth of your stove. Then it will tie in with your counter top edging.

4. Trouble says

As far as I’m concerned, these are a requirement. I’ve had had one for my early ’80s Caloric stove that came with the house. Now that I am using my ’49 Maytag, I need a new one for it.

After restoring the stove…the thought of all that CRAP oozing down the side is driving me nuts!

5. Jay says

I remember a similar item growing up, my mom used to buy them in hardware and variety stores – made of hard white plastic and had small magnets and sticky tape on them. I am glad I have a cook top built into the counter.

6. Mike says

I am so buying a set tonight. My GF is the messiest cook I have ever seen. I’ll be sure to pull the stove out and clean before installing.

7. Wendy M. says

I love this idea, but I have a question…will it work if there is a slight difference in height of the counter and the stove? My stove is approx. 1/2″ lower than the counter, so it would have to be angled. Any input?

• robert says

Raising the stove is easy. Add the roll-out sliders beneath and it should solve the problem. Hope that works for you!

Oh my gosh! My mom always had one of these, and so did I – and they’ve both disappeared! They sat in the gap between stove and countertop so nothing fell down the hole. They could be removed by just lifting out, but we never did unless we were spring cleaning and took it out to clean it as well. I loved it! But I think mine disappeared because it relies on the stove and countertop being level with each other, and in my current house the stove edge sits a little higher. Great stuff!

9. Bob says

We are remodeling a fabulous mid century modern home that needed a ton of love. Most of the appliances are originally from the 1950′s including a Westinghouse Sink. The sink is in fine condition, but the metal sink cabinet it’s on is entirely rusted through. Is there any way to restore this or can I separate the sink from the cabinet safely?

Thanks

Bob ( new homeowner )

10. Emiloo says

I need filler the gap between countertop & wall about 18 1/2″ long & 3″ wide. The gap itself is about 2″. Is there any solution? in the past I found at Home Depot in different sizes but now they have none!
    I checked Vanceind.com, the width is 11/16″……..
    Please help me to find it! Thanks