“Pam” doorbell buttons from Bauerware

pam doorbell knocker from bauerwareMy mother says that up until the day before I was born, she and my dad were set to name me Kimberly Jo. That is: Kimmy Jo Kueber (pronounced: kee-burr). Now, I have no problem with the name Kimberly. It is a beautiful name. But the cutie petutie alliteration of Kimmy Jo Kueber would, I fear, have altered my destiny and made me to grow up to be a totally different person.

On the other hand, the name Pamela apparently means “all honey” in Latin. Umm, ask anyone and “all honey” does not describe me. I am a “these boots are made for walkin” “what part of no don’t you understand” “when mom is happy, everybody is happy” “I know this product is not retro, but it’s my blog thank you very much” kind of girl. No, I am a “Pam” — the “all” part. Ix-nay to the ela-may. Cruising around the home decor-with-vintage-style retailer-websites the other day, I spotted the “Pam” doorbell button at Bauerware. That’s Harvey the doorbell button at her side. I like it that there is a doorbell button named after me. Link: Bauerware for the home.

Comments

My younger sister was named Sally Jo. We’re English and it was quite unusual there, but when we were young and moved to the U.S., she quickly dropped the “Jo” part. It was a little too Petticoat Junction for her!

And who knew Bauer made metal stuff: I thought they were all about ceramics!

2. jay says

Eh, a little too much caffeine this morning? You really are funny! The first name sounds like it came straight from the Waltons: Goodnight Kimmy Jo! Keep up the good work!

These are great…and something SHOULD be named after you!! You’re cuter than this Pam, though…but apparently, it sounds like your button can be pushed, too.

4. Jana (Berniecat) says

Are you sure you aren’t from the south? (Kimmy Jo?!), Too funny! It’s really cool to find something named after you. The other day I was in the grocery store and found some “Jana” spring water imported from Scandinavia. Who knew? 🙂 I really like the Pam doorbell button- its cute! (much cuter than Harvey, but they do make a nice couple, don’t you think?)

5. Susan, aka Kitty Mommy says

My name is Susan Hollar, but my mom came very close to naming me Holly. Holly Hollar. If that had happened, I can just imagine hearing the kids in the school yard mocking me: “Holly Hollar…Holly Hollar…Holly Hollar…”, over and over again! Also sounds a bit like Holly Hobbie. Thank goodness she came to her senses in time!

6. Just another Pam says

Ever so cute and lovin’ the numbers they have available too. Bookmarked for after the random postal issues we’re having.

Happy weekend to all,