The vintage steel kitchen cabinet Forum is back — new technology, new url

In case you think I spend all my time having fun-fun-fun researching retro products and houses, be apprised that I spend about 66.667% of my time on gosh-darned technical issues related the to the blog. The longtime Forum for folks looking to buy and sell vintage steel kitchen cabinets has been the most recent gnat. It was been down for almost eight weeks, while my tech $upport trouble-shot different issues related to the troublesome registration system. Long story short: It’s back up, on a new Forum technology.

Alas, the new Forum is sub-standard in at least two respects: (1) No photo uploading and (2) no private messaging. But, it is superior in one important respect: (1) It is made for integration with WordPress and should work consistently.

Important: There is a new url. To start playing, head to the Retro Renovation Forum – there also is a link the center sidebar here on the homepage (see screen shot below)>

Read the right-hand columns, too — which includes some tips. Finally, I should also have some additional features up soon.

Comments

1. Alice says

I was just looking for the forum last night and wondering what you had done with it! Thanks for all your work on making this site a reliable resource Pam!

Pam, if you ever get stuck with something feel free to shoot me an email and I’ll do my best to point you in the right direction. I work with wordpress every day so I’m happy to help.

3. Julie says

Pam, I just went over to an estate sale at my neighbor’s house in my new neighborhood. I had been very curious to see in that house, as I knew that the previous owner was an original one, like those that owned our “new” 50 year old home. Blew me away! Not only was the interior vintage, but furnishings, as well! They have a gorgeous teal blue steel kitchen (complete with matching blue steel/copper bread box!) with lustrous copper backsplashes and even vintage copper kitchen canisters to match it all! The home is not for sale yet, but if it had been, we would have been hard pressed not to buy it instead! 😉 I hope whoever buys it when it does go up for sale is a MCM afficionado that can see the value in this preserved home. I will try to get photos this week, if the owner allows it.

Oh, I’m so glad! I was really bummed when I couldn’t log in, having found a few beautiful things that I couldn’t post. 🙂 Thanks for all of your hard work, Pam!

Julie, I’m already drooling over that house. Perhaps you could convince Pam to put up a few photos? 😉

5. Kathy says

I have a youngs town metal sink cabinet that was painted I don’t know what kind of paint was used but I would like to know how to remove it
    Thanks
    Kathy

Hi Kathy, we don’t typically give that kind of specific advice here. Please know that old paint can contain lead — please consult with a local professional. Good luck.