Office remodel update

make a gif online
Mayday! Mayday! Lady Retro Hath Doth Bitten Off More Than She Can Cheweth. Office remodel is killing her. Has decided to do a Big Reveal, rather than a drip drip drip of what is happening. What is happening now is that she has been painting painting painting painting. Hands all dried out. Shoulders aching. Has lost count of number of trips to Caligari’s (local hardware store), but will get harsh reminder when credit card bills come in. Next few days are critical: Denise coming this morning to help with epic part of project. She is bringing Bug to play with Astro. Will stay a couple of days. Expect blog postings to be erratic and if/when they come, to include miniature schnauzers being uber-cute. Contractor dudes (above) — the awesome Kevin Sullivan (on right) of Colonial Restoration, Dalton, Mass., with sidekick Dave — have been amazing albeit not onto my ways. I lecture them on how to pose for the camera. Arms at side! “Come on, take the picture already,” they say, exasperated, not knowing I’d already taken 12.

Comments

Pam, after the dust has settled, the paint (and the tears) have dried, and the retro renovation computer is back on its desk it will all be worth it! Don’t let your curious schnauzer near any open paint tins, paint lids or paint clean up, as I have discovered that the only way to get dried paint out of schnauzer beard is to trim! Kevin and Dave look like fun guys to have on the job. How did you do the moving photo effect (above)?

2. Nate says

Hang in there. It will all be worth it in the end!

Oh…and can miniature schnauzers be anything BUT cute? I laugh at mine constantly!

3. Christa says

Hang in there, Pam. I’m sure all the aches and expenses will be well worth the end result. I can’t wait to see it!

It will all be worth it in the end when the dust settles! Glad you have a friend to help and a friend’s dog to keep your dog company! Anxiously awaiting the reveal!

We gutted the room — so that I could double up the insulation of the outside walls. A gut job. That’s what happens.

• MCM is Grand says

Re: insulating the walls…you will thank yourself many times over during those cold MA winters…

5. Holley says

WHOA! When they’re done there, these guys can come on down to Texas! I’ve got a ton of stuff that needs to be done! We’ve got plenty of coffee for them too!!! Thanks for the update, Pam — of course it’s going to be an AWESOME transformation!!!!!

6. Jay says

Hey Pam, sounds like you are really in the thick of it now. Have fun! Be nice to your contractor guys and don’t make them crazy with constant changes.

I only made them rip one thing out and do-over, and it was pretty minor. Funny thing was, Kevin said he suspected I’d do what I did and he was only sorry he’d nailed all the holes in permanent-like. Other than that small one, I think I have been a good client so far.

• Just another Pam says

They look like they are having a darned good time, Pam, are you sure you’re not spoiling them? Reading your blog makes me suspect there’s coffee and cookies and indoor plumbing….you’re setting standards they’ll dream of in years to come.

• Ally Cat says

Hey, I’ve bet they’ve seen it all. Cookies, spoiling, then rip-out, then nice, then no checks, then annoyed. I’m in the south where sugar-coating comes with everything—good or bad. Just be real and genuine (as you are) and they’ll give you their best!

7. Kristen says

Pam you are so funny! I’m so excited for the big reveal! Also I have been a reader for four years now and I’ve finally decided to comment even though you usually have an abundance of commenters 😉

Well howdy do, Kristen. So glad to lure you out of lurker status. Epic Day #1 went super well, but I think I have never ever been so tired in my life!

8. Melanie says

Whoa! Your contractor dudes are way better looking and have more smiles than the contractor dudes I see around here!