Knotty pine love: Upload photos of your knotty pine rooms

betty crafter's knotty pine kitchenMy office studio remodel is not the only project I have up my sleeve. Shhhhh! Don’t tell anyone: I’m also working on a new little website all about, yes, the Knotty Pine. Alas, the whole wide world doesn’t quite understand — like Betty Crafter (above) and Eartha Kitsch and Jeff and Lynne and a whole bunch of us do — that knotty pine can be a gosh-darned wonderful thing.

Can you help me tell the knotty pine story — by sharing photos of your knotty pine kitchens, dens, basements, sunrooms, tiki bars — all your knotty pine galore (bathrooms, even!) —  that I can use on the new website? It’s easy to upload your photos, below. I will be so grateful!  Get out your camera — most all cameras today do a great job, cell phones, too! Use natural light, and get artsy fartsy with your angles (get up on a ladder… lay down on the floor… take wide shots… take detail and accessories shots… Have fun — let’s show ’em that knotty can be nice! Instructions on how upload your photos follow:

Upload photos of the knotty pine in your house, belowTips:

• If you can figure out the setting, please set your camera to no bigger than “medium” images, so files aren’t too large — large files really slow down the slide show.
  • (2) Uploader DOES work but message you get on screen *may be* funky and confusing. Upload ONCE and trust the image it there — I just need to “set new photos free” from my control panel and will be checking hourly to do so.
  • (3) Terms of Use apply.

[ngg_uploader id = 219]
Tips to view slide show: Click on first image… it will enlarge and you can also read my captions… move forward or back via arrows below the photo… you can start or stop at any image:

Comments

1. Susan says

We have a knotty pine den that I just h***. It doesn’t look anything like the rest of the house (built in 1939). I love the wroght iron railing and the glass doorknobs with the black eschuctions. i want to find two more for the pantry in the kitchen.

2. Holly says

Hi Pam, I was just wondering if the pics I sent you were ok? I took them with my phone so Im hoping the size was ok.

Holly, everything currently in the KP gallery is “set free”. Can you try again – please use the uploader.

Pam,
    Guess I should have specified that my home are pictures #43 and #45. Our cape style home was built in 1939 and I have tried to keep the original flavor, as much as I can. We still have the original casement windows, slate siding and roof, etc. We are only the second family to have lived here, moving into our wonderful home in 1985.

4. marji says

We have tongue n’ groove knotty pine half walls in the finished basement of our ’58 cinderella ranch.It’s was a great family room as our son was growing up – a roomy 23 ft x 27ft + area.Room for Dad’s computer and for lots of model train tracks.Cozy in the winter & a wonderful retreat during tornado season.Basicly, lived down there for 6 weeks in ’98 due to all the tornado warnings and straight line winds that year. It’s now evolved into husband’s satellite office & retreat for when he’s putting in long hours on projects for work.wrought iron lamps work great in the space and we have a braided rug in the TV area with vintage cool-o-nial oak chairs.We closed in a skraggly screened in porch to make a 4 season porch with 3 4 ft by 5 ft windows and finished the interior walls in the T n G pine siding.Stained it w/ fruitwood and coated w/ urethane for the walls(didn’t know about the shellac),for the ceiling primed the T n G white before installing and then painted white after installation.We have really enjoyed this little cabin room that looks out into the back yard that’s right off my cramped 85 square foot kitchen.Pine siding was a feasible, diy solution for our shoe string budget and our novice building skills.

5. Alice says

In picture #84, is that bamboo floors with knotty pine ceilings? The white with it is gorgeous. I’ll get either a white granite or marble when I change out the counter of my soon2B knotty pine kitchen. I thought about painting the kitchen and dining room a soft sage green. Yes? No? Thanks for the visual idea.

6. Monica L. says

I would cry, watching those HGTV shows that decried knotty pine and immediately painted over it. So glad to see it is being appreciated. Our neighbors had a knotty pine den and it was the paneling in our basement. Always loved the warm, rustic look of knotty pine.