257 photos of readers’ thrifty vintage finds

vintage phone It’s been a while since I’ve posted the Photo Uploader so’s we could see what thrifty treasures everyone is snapping up all across Retro World. Last week, I bought this vintage Radio Shack phone from Mitzi. It’s for my office studio remodel, I already received it, and it works like a charm. So…. what’s the 411  on the old goodies new to your home? Take yer photos and upload them today — it’s super easy. Instructions follow follow:

Upload photos of your recently purchased thrifty vintage treasures, belowTips:

• If you can figure out the settings, please set your camera to no bigger than “medium” images, so files aren’t too large — large files really slow down the slide show.
  • (2) Uploader DOES work but message you get on screen *may be* funky and confusing. Upload ONCE and trust the image it there — I just need to “set new photos free” from my control panel and will be checking throughout the weekend to do so.
  • (3) Terms of Use apply.

Update: Upload closed! Watch for our next one, this Friday!
Tips to view slide show: Click on first image… it will enlarge and you can also read my captions… move forward or back via arrows below the photo… you can start or stop at any image:

Comments

1. hannah says

I’m IN LOVE with the two orange/green/yellow $10 purchase of lawn chairs! I REALLY want some old woven lawn chairs for our (humongous) back yard! Those are fab, and such a great deal!

• heidi trieu says

Thanks I love them too! My husband thought our dog would chew on them but when you adjust the metal arms to move it back or forward the metal clacking sound it makes about scared the pee out of him! Problem solved. 🙂

2. Tulsasuz says

LOVE the dresser turned into a bath vanity! Can the person who posted that photo provide more details? Did you do the work yourself?

3. Nate says

CLG1977, if you’re out there, if you’re reading this, I would love love love any info you have on who made the “rocket” leg bedroom set you scored! I have the same long dresser that I purchased at the Salvation Army in Queens about 10 years ago and have been trying to ID it ever since.

• clg1977 says

Nate:

The label inside my dresser says, “Worth Furniture Co. Asheboro, N.C. / Westchester.” I’ve tried doing some research on this maker, but I haven’t come up with much. I got the two dressers and one night stand from a consignment shop near my house.

Chris

4. wendy says

Wowsa! So much retro goodness! I am drooling over many items, but I think I am in love with the tan & white doggie on the gold chair 🙂

5. BlueJay says

That microwave is cool (although I’d be afraid to use it)! And the 2 televisions are fantastic! I have a ’53 Motorola that I found on the side of the road years ago; the later 50s TVs are definitely flashier!

6. Sue Sweeney says

Pam, thanks for giving all of us to share our finds. I feel like a proud mama showing off her babies!

7. Just another Pam says

Sister Mary Corita prints….how lucky are you?

Best I’ve ever done was finding the book, well done, you!

My grandmother had a stool just like the yellow stool, only maybe more white or blue? Long time ago but I perched on it many an evening watching the grownups play Cribbage.

9. Jamie says

Primary colored nesting Pyrex bowls! I’m collecting that set! I see the set for sale in antique stores for $60-100. I originally found the green one at a yard sale (25 cents), eBayed it and saw that it was part of a set….my sister found me the yellow one MINT at a yardsale for $7, and then I got the blue one for $5 at another antique store. Now I just need the red one….SO JEALOUS that you got yours so easily!