Do you know about “crowd-sourced journalism?” That’s when people in a community have their eyes and ears open and provide invaluable tips about hot news on the street. The internet facilitates crowd-sourced journalism, and have no doubt — RetroRenovation.com is driven by it, big time. The tips I get from all you awesome readers — invaluable. And it’s the hugest part of what keeps me going. So Fun! Today’s latest: Super snaps to reader Victoria who discovered this Amazing News I Can’t Believe I Didn’t Know After 5 Years of This Blog: Yes: You can still get toilets and bathroom sinks in some vintage midcentury and later colors. Yes: Colors including Dawn Blue, Powder Blue, Dresden Blue, Bahama Pink — even Spanish Gold aka Harvest Gold. And more. All from: Gerber. The info on makes and models with these colors is not readily available on the Gerber website, but just like Victoria instructed me, I called Customer Service and got the 411. Need a low flow toilet in Jamaican Beige etc. etc. etc.? It may be your lucky day –>
First, Victoria’s note:
Hi Pam,I am having major angst over replacing my blue american standard toilet. It is original to the house and matches our sink, tub and tile but it has unsightly stains that can’t be removed and is a water hog. I had all but given up but my plumber just told me about Gerber toilets, which makes colored toilets to match regency blue, dresden blue, avocado, venetian pink, and autum gold toilets. Of course they don’t make their ADA toilets in color, and unfortunately we have decided to install an ADA toilet to accommodate aging parents, but perhaps your readers would like to know that they can purchase a new toilet to match an existing bathroom. And if Gerber gets enough interest, perhaps they will decide to increase their colored offerings in the future.
Thank you again, Victoria, and good luck with your project. Yes, ADA is a good idea.
Models of Gerber toilets and sinks still offered in colors:
- Viper toilets 21-502 and 21-512 are still manufactured and come in a variety of colors.
- Toilet 21-012 and 21-312 is discontinued, but there may be colors still available until they sell out.
- Self-rimming drop-in sink 12-894 is discontinued, but there may be colors still available until they sell out.
- Self-rimming drop-in sinks 12-848 and 844 are discontinued, but there may be colors still available until they sell out.
- Pedestal sinks 22-598 and 22-594 are discontinued, but there may be colors still available until they sell out.
- Pedestal inks 22-578 and 22-574 are discontinue,d but there may be colors still available until they sell out.
Plug these model numbers in the Gerber search bar here to see the various makes and models and their colors as available. If you find what you need/want, you can then call Gerber to verify availability. Then, you buy via a local retailer — note, prices listed on Gerber are MSRPs, I am sure you can do better in real life. And finally: Golly, as with anything related to these vintage colors, I recommend you get a real look-see before committing — ask real nice to see a part, at least, I guess…. DO NOT depend on online chip colors! Tip: Click on image below, and it will open in a new window; hit “back” to return to my page.