That collage is the cutest! I don’t have a crafty/artsy bone in my body and I admire people who do.
Here’s my contribution to leave some happiness – or at least a bemused smile. My bathroom isn’t pink, but it is unusual in a different way. I currently have 40 4-day old baby chickens in my bathtub. I couldn’t find any other good, safe place to keep them so the cats wouldn’t eat them. They should only be there for about a week, but in the meantime, using the bathroom is a major adventure at my house.
Thanks, everyone, for playing. I’m planning more giveaways — and they may be Flash Contests like this — so it pays to reader Retro Renovation daily!
Just for fun: A 24-hour flash contest. As in, flash mob (not flasher). On Wednesday night, I finished the first collage in my big fat retro crafty office now-remodeled. It’s a Save The Pink bathrooms collage on a 6″ craft board notched for hanging. The background is vintage wallpaper from a stash that I bought on ebay a few years ago, and the pink poodle is from the fabulous roll of vintage vinyl poodle wallpaper that an amazingly kind reader sent me a few years ago. I cut out poodle Fifi with my cutter bee scissors; I like to cut. The flowers are die cut from altered photographs from my “Grace” collection (long story, which I’ll tell some other time.)
Read on for the contest rules — contest ends 10:30 p.m. Friday night!:
How to enter:
- Leave a Comment that shares some Happiness.
- You must be in the U.S., so sorry the hassle of shipping overseas is too much for me.
- I will close the contest at 10:30 p.m. Eastern on Friday night, choose a winner by random.org random number generator on Saturday morning and email the winner over the weekend. Winner must respond within one week. If they do not, I will choose another winner.
- I will post the name of the winner at the top of this post as soon as they confirm.
- I have never tried to hang one of my collages made with vintage wallpaper in a bathroom environment. I make no promises that it won’t curl up and dye.
- This one is my first… it’s not “perfect”. But it’s my first! If I become president, and they want it for the presidential library, you’ll be a gazillionaire. :0