One is a house, two makes neighbors, and three is a neighborhood — which is why I didn’t stop at just two mid century inspired putz style houses. Here for your viewing and building pleasure — retro ranch house number three — with link to my free downloadable pattern at the end of this story. Now we can all have mid century neighborhoods on our mantels this holiday season. I’ll make more designs for the subdivision in 2013. Click on through for House #3 and the rest of the patterns –>
Another fun detail — the doorway is set back further under the roofline. This creates a little porch area and gives more dimension to the house. (Note: when scoring the cardboard for this fold, you’ll have to do the backside instead of the front — see note on printable pattern.)
Who else is building all three? You can download my third and final (at least for this year) pattern below.
I’d love to see how your mini ranch putz houses turned out — if you built your own house or mini neighborhood, email me a photo at email@example.com.
Make a whole neighborhood of mid century “Putz” style houses:
- #1 — Ranch house putz house pattern — includes DIY instructions and resource list
- #2 — Mid century A-frame putz house pattern
- #3 — Ranch house putz house pattern
- #4 — Split-level putz house pattern
- #5 — Storybook ranch putz house pattern
- #6 — Tom Thumb Cape Cod putz house pattern
- #7 — Butterfly roof ranch putz house pattern
- #8 — Tiki hut putz house pattern
- #9 – Palm Springs rick rack roof putz house pattern
- Or — see all 9 designs all in just one click
- Want to know why these houses called “Putz”? Read our vintage Putz house history and online guide.