1. Toni says

Sometimes I wish I was just starting my renovations. And sometimes I wonder what I could do to my breezeway…….with a different window…. and a Formica yellow cracked ice table…..I haven’t had plaster dust floating in the air for almost 2 years. Must be time to change something.

• J D Log says

I know this website does not recomend painting. I checked with a lot of people I know who had their bathtubs restored by painting it worked out to be a 50% sucess rate. So I went with a company recommended to me checked out what was said on the web about them which was pretty good.
        I was a bit worried that they only offered a warrantee for bath tubs and not kitchen sinks. I followed their instructions on use and cleaning methods and have not had any problems since. I always check carefully for the slightest sign of deteration as I am a bit paranoid about it but it still looks as good as day 1

2. Kelly says

Not sure if this is the right spot for this comment but… We just recently bought a 1956 fixer upper and are remodeling with the intent of preserving the original design of the house. I was looking for a sink that would seem period correct and not cost me an arm and leg or be a complete pain for my husband to install. Camoe across this stainless steel sink with drainboard at IKEA. Anyhow just an idea if your trying to do a retrorenovation on a very small budget as we are.

Thanks! We’ve spotlighted these Ikea sinks before, but have on our list to do a round-up story of “drop in” stainless steel sinks like this. Also: Try the Re-Store, you may be able to get a real deal on an original.

3. Amy says

Is there a book or someplace I can look to identify a sink with metal cabinets? We recently got a single basin sink with drainboards on each side on the original metal cabinets. I’d say it dates to late 40’s, early 50’s. On the center panel (a false drawer) you can tell there was a manufacturer badge or emblem of some type but it is now gone. The cabinets do have a serial number tag on the inside. We’d love to figure out the original manufacturer and try to find a badge online to replace the missing one. Any idea where to look? I’m pretty sure it’s not a Youngstown or Geneva sink based on the hardware.

See our category Kitchen Help / Steel Kitchens — we have extensive research on all the leading vintage steel kitchen cabinet brands.