331 amazing photos of vintage wall clocks

vintage clock-wallTic toc, it’s times for an uploader — and this weekend’s theme is: Vintage wall clocks. I have lived in my 1951 house for 12 years now, and golly, all this time, we have not had a mid century wall clock up anywhere. I guess the Retro Decorating Gods were waiting to serve me up the perfect one, and a few weeks ago, they finally did. It’s a made in the USA Burwood clock. The clock isn’t “dear”, I think, meaning it’s not worth a whole lot of money. But it suited my space perfectly — gives my modern traditional dining room / living room the right dosage of Atomic Zing. Above: Reader Shelly’s vintage clock wall also is a visual treat. Check out all 331 amazing vintage wall clocks uploaded by readers.

Mega thanks to everyone who submitted photos of their fantastic vintage wall clocks — the uploader is now closed.

Want to see which vintage clocks were our favorite? See our follow up story: 27 awesome midcentury vintage wall clocks.

To see photos in slide show, click on any image, use the arrows underneath each photo to move forward or back. You can start at any spot:

Comments

1. Nina462 says

I love Rob & Monica’s clock! I just uploaded my 3 vintage clocks: The Ingraham that I got for free at a garage sale. Diamond clock – needs work on the back where the battery goes. But it’s an easy fix.; my Hall clock for the kitchen. I think it’s a Hall, but there’s no markings; and my Harmony House office clock.

Thanks for all the uploads! They all look great!

2. BlueJay says

I love that someone else has my clock radio (I have the taupe/cream Motorola)! Too cool! BTW, that radio sounds awesome; the speaker packs a punch!

3. MbS says

I have a barometer — small banjo style — that fits with this ethos. Perhaps a small upload on that functional and ubiquitous wall ornament.

4. vegebrarian says

Bestill my heart! I did not know there was a store like hutch in Omaha! Now that our kitchen is done, a hutch is next on my list!

All of these clocks are wonderful!

5. Milan says

Aww, my clock didn’t make it into this beautiful collection. I thought it went through!
    Anyway, mine is a rounded trapezoidal ceramic clock. White with a gold edge and a light blue rim inside of the gold. The maker is Kienzle. It seems German. I bought it at a thrift store in Sweden. Still need to get it working though.

6. Jean says

Oh, how these are taunting me. When I began to imagine my mid-century kitchen, I thought that this vast empty space above the stove would be PERFECT for a starbust-shaped wall clock, though I had no idea if they actually existed. I was delighted to find that they were ubiquitous, but I’m kinda broke, having just graduated from college, and the ones that I take to on ebay always pass the $100-mark and jump out of my price range for the moment. Sigh. Some day soon, hopefully. So many beautiful ones.

7. Kim Kaufman says

Unfortunately, it’s closed now and I can’t upload a picture of my nice square clock with red plaid background. :(