9 retro shower curtains — including four flamingos — from DENY Design

mod shower curtain

When I was researching colorful retro shower curtains for Terri’s 1960s bathroom makeover, I was drawn down a deep rabbit hole for a spell. I am not kidding: I am pretty sure I scanned more than 3,000 shower curtains designs on a number of websites, but mostly at DENY Designs. Today — pure eye candy — (but maybe you’re in the market?) — here are nine retro shower curtains that caught my eye. Above: The “In Mod We Trust” design that I used in my design board for Terri, from DENY.

pink flamingo shower curtainAbove: My favorite flamingo shower curtain from DENY.

pink flamingo shower curtainAbove: The flamingos start getting abstract, DENY.

flamingo shower curtainsAbove: Flamingo Lounge, DENY.

casey rogers flamingoAbove: Lone, graphic flamingo, DENY.

“Pondering flamingos.” That’s what I think I will call this little series.

hardy boys shower curtainAbove: I love this DENY design, which brings The Hardie Boys into the bathroom. Can we have one for Nancy Drew, and the Bobsey Twins, too, please?

California flagAbove: There were more designs of this ilk. I was born in California, so was acculturated in grade school to love the California state flag. Fimbus shower curtain, DENY.

french cat shower curtain Above: Meow. Le Chat Noir shower curtain, DENY.

miniature schnauzerAbove: And name your doggies, there’s likely and Angry Squirrel Studios shower curtain to go with. My guy Astro is a mini schnauzer. Cute overload, don’t you agree? Woof!

Comments

1. Teresa Mac says

I found a great website, called Crash Pad Designs. They design mid century inspired fabric and household stuff. They have a whole collection pink bathroom mid century designed shower curtains.
    I’m going to order one, just not sure which one they are all great.
    here is the link http://crashpaddesigns.com/modpinkshowercurtains.html

Do you know about these Pam?

I don’t know about these. I like how they were inspired by the “Save the Pink Bathrooms” movement! ha!

2. Jamie D. says

I have a DENY designs shower curtain in my blue bathroom – Nolita Drops by Khristian A. Howell. It would work well for pink, black and white, or yellow bathrooms, too.

Crash Pad Designs has great options, too. A little more groovy 60s mod. I have a few of her kitchen towels.

Hi Pam! Thanks so much for highlighting DENY Designs! We’d love to offer your readers a discount on future DENY purchases. Please email me and we can work out the details.

Thanks!
    Kim Nyhus

Retro Renovation Readers,
    We’re so excited to read all of your feedback above. Please use this 20% off coupon code to save on your next DENY Designs purchase: retroreno20

This code is good on all products with the exception of sheet sets and will be valid through April 30, 2014.

Happy Shopping from DENY Designs!

5. Nicole Oliveira says

Has anyone seen the DENY Flamingo Lounge shower curtain in person? It states on the website that it is pink flamingo on a green-teal background. Of course this makes sense given flamingos are pink. However, from the photo, the flamingo looks orangish. My bathroom in currently painted orange and was looking for something vintage florida looking. Love the Flamingo Lounge but would have to repaint….again….if the flamingo is too pink.

Hi Nicole! That particular flamingo should be more orange than pink. If you receive the shower curtain and it does not match, we offer a 30 day return policy from the day you receive the order. Thanks for shopping at DENY Designs!