29 vintage Formica designs including Halifax, Fleurette, Fernglo and Finesse

vintage formica laminate sampleVintage Formica Halifax… Formica Fleurette… Formica Fernglo… Formica Finesse! We love you — especially you, Halifax! Reader Pete scored these delicious samples of vintage Formica a while ago and sent me the photos to share. He now has each sample listed for sale on etsy as a keychain. Thanks, Pete, for sending the scan to show as part of our continuing epic journey to identify and archive every vintage abstract patter of Formica that we can! Above: Formica Halifax in Amber – fantastic!

dong-kingmanAlso be sure to check out the Dong Kingman “Formal Gardens” mural that Pete found == pretty fantastic!

vintage formica laminate sample

Above: Formica Halifax in Sage.

vintage formica laminate sample

Above: Formica Halifax in Beige.

vintage formica laminate sample

Above: Formica Fleurette in Sauterne.

vintage formica laminate sample

Above: Formica Fernglo in Yellow.

vintage formica laminate sample

Above: Formica Finesse in Cantaloupe Solid.

And some Formica faves we’ve seen before, but also maybe some vintage colors we’ve never posted before:

Formica Linen in Lipstick Red

Formica Linen in Green.

Formica Linen in Gray.

vintage formica laminate sample

Formica Spindrift in Camelia.

vintage formica laminate sample

Formica Spindrift in Aqua.

Lime

Caribbean Blue.

Bittersweet.

Aqua.

Barnwood.

Teak.

vintage formica laminate sample

All of our vintage laminate research is posted in our Kitchen Help / Countertops category. Click here to get there now.

Comments

1. Janet in ME says

I love the Fleurette and Halifax! I was happy to see five oranges because we just painted our kitchen orange. It is nice to know it must have been a popular color back then!

• Mary Elizabeth says

Yes, it was! I painted the trim in the kitchen of my “hot dog stand flotsam” cottage a similar color to the Cantaloupe, then a lighter version for the walls.

• Mary Elizabeth says

And has everyone checked out the Formica.com web site for the two beautiful oranges (and other lovely colors) in the Jonathan Adler collection?

2. Roundhouse Sarah says

I finally decided to buy one of these. I had missed out on some of what I thought were the better patterns last time. I got Sauterne Fleurette. My keys will look snazzy!

3. Margaret says

Oh, dear — my counters are, uh, PUMPKIN. And no, they don’t stay — too faded and deliaminating.

4. Debbie in Portland says

My dad built houses in the 60’s and 70’s. Caribbean Blue, Bittersweet, and the wood grains really bring back memories! Oh, if Lipstick Red Linen were only available today, my 1940’s-style kitchen would be complete…

5. Mr Kim says

Very nice as inspiration. The Fleurette pattern, for instance, can be easily replicated with stencil or hand-made stamps. Halifax could be replicated too I guess, although it would take much more effort. If you cannot have them on thecountertop you can have them somewhere else, on a wall, on fabric for the courtains 🙂 Ah, isnpiration~

6. Pam Zirbel says

Hi everyone!!! We are moving from an 1842 one room converted school house to an amazing 1870 huuuge house in August!! There is pink marbely looking counters in the home [LOL…we have yellow now!] and was wondering if Formica makes a pattern of boomerangs on it!!! That would be da bomb if I could find that!! I believe that is what they are called or ‘cresents’ maybe?!

thanks for any help you guys!!! Have a Formicably wonderful day!

7. Cider maker says

Like your site. It would be helpful if you briefly but prominently indicate whether things you post are available now and where, if available.

8. Michael says

The cantaloupe is the bomb, we have our kitchen and the adjoining bathroom counters covered in the cantaloupe solid and it’s still poppin after 50 seasons. More understated than pumpkin or the bright oranges of the 70’s yet still enough to scream vintage. Cantaloupe tops on Formica White Ash (or something close to the White Ash pattern) cabs, still clean and contemporary yet has that festive Florida look.