240 photos uploaded by readers — see their recent vintage finds

vintage typewriterThanks to everyone who uploaded photos of their recent vintage finds and home project while our uploader was on all Memorial Day weekend. Above: Reader Bette Jean made us super-smile and wrote about her finds: “Cobra phone purchased on-line from company that furnished telephones to Mad Men. It works.” Click on through to see all 240 photos…

(Uploader now closed. We’ll do another soon.)

View the slide show

Tips to view slide show: Click on any image… it will enlarge and you can also read any captions… click anywhere to move forward and look for previous and next buttons within photo to move back or forth… you can start or stop at any image:

Want to browse previous uploaders — super fun!
Click here to see our uploader archive.

Comments

1. Jay says

Always thrilled to see the uploader of everyone’s vintage finds. I was too busy planting and mulching to round up the finds, the latest being a 50s/60s chrome cake dish w/glass plate still bearing the mfr sticker. Never heard of the company. Doubt if at this point in time the sticker will even come off. Another fairly common find was a Westbend penguin ice bucket still wearing the tag around its knob. Great finds everyone!

2. Carol says

I would love to see the whole house where the Magnavox stereo cabinet lives. The house with the white painted interior brick walls and amazing cabinetry around the corner. Ooooh, please do share more with us. My eyeballs are indeed greedy.

I love the uploader, sorry I missed it. I’ll have to put my cool finds on the next one. The only problem with seeing everyone’s great finds is that I want more more more and I’m trying to acquire less. It also makes me a little regretful of the things I’ve given away or sold. But, the hunt is always fun, too.

4. Rick says

Thanks for letting me add my 5 light Stiffel pole lamp and ‘tall’ batik lady but darn, there are still TOO many good things here I’d like to find. This is one of the most enjoyable features on RetroRen!

5. Marta says

I had meant to add a pic of my American Home Magazine collection from the 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, and 60’s, but once I pulled them out, I got so lost in going through them, I forgot to post a picture.

I have been planning to downsize them. Really. But, American Home was such a great slice of life for each issue’s time that I just can’t bear to give them up, lol! Then there is the Popular Mechanics from the same time frame. They really taught homeowners how to do EVERYTHING.

6. Tanya says

I really loved this opportunity to upload some photos. I posted the photo of the “stove purchased for only $200, the mid century couch from Kijiji and the retro kitchen in progress”. If any readers live in the greater Toronto area I would really love to hear from you. I would like to connect with some like minded people. Please leave your email if you would like to share some info. Thanks, Tanya

7. Joe Felice says

There’s stuff on here that would make even Cullen jealous. Hey, I wonder if anyone has a set of Southern Comfort bar glasses. I know my dad had a set back in the ’60s. Does anyone remember the Ronson “Can-Do: from 1960?