Comments

1. Barbara says

Here’s some advice from my cousin (an RN): 3 glasses of water + 2 Advil + 1 Pepcid AC

Glad you guys had fun!

• Jay says

When you stop seeing double, check the NYT for the article on Don Featherstone’s passing (pink flamingoes).

Thanks, Jay, yes, we saw this online yesterday and posted the story from Featherstone’s hometown paper on the Facebook page. I’ve now added it to stories posted on the homepage.

The New York Times: Front page! So deserved!

In the book “Proof” they say that is a fallacy. They had validated recommendations but stupid me, I did not write them down.

2. Geronomom says

Totally Lmao! Haven’t we all been there & done THAT?! The only advice I can give is that after surviving the Hukilau last week, I definitely second Barbara’s cousin’s advice – that & a nice big, totally unhealthy Wafflehouse breakfast 😉

I had baked beans (homemade starting with dried beans *so proud*) and two eggs over easy. So far so good.

3. Andi says

My husband is a teacher, too, so I totally get the “School’s Out” euphoria! People think it’s just the kids who celebrate—HA!

I’m sure the margaritas were worth it!!

4. Steve H says

Hey Pam,

Time for a summer movie! When you and hubby are feeling better you should check out Love & Mercy, the new Beach Boy Brian Wilson biopic. It’s really a good film and has a lot of great 1960’s style.

• Mary Elizabeth says

Happy end-of-school year to your DH and all the teachers out there!

I stopped drinking tequila, especially margaritas, altogether. It’s not how you feel the next day, it’s what you remember about the night before. When a Tex-Mex restaurant owner friend of our throws a lakeside party, things can get really interesting. One morning I woke up to recall that the other women at the party and I had begun, while drinking a pitcher of margaritas, talking about a good sale at Victoria’s secret and had ended up showing one another our matching underwear ensembles. It seemed like such a good idea at the time, but not so much in the morning light. 🙂