100 more New Old Stock Emerson-Pryne kitchen exhaust fan covers from House of Fans — now on ebay

emerson-pryne-grill-coverHouse of Fans lost their lease and no longer has a brick and mortar building. But, they still have boxes and boxes of these New Old Stock Emerson-Pryne exhaust fan covers — and they have finally listed them for sale on ebay. (*affiliate link). The first time we ran this story, all 100 sold out within about four days. I got one — I love it! Now, they’ve unpacked another 100 of these 12″ grille covers. Get ‘Em While You Can!

House of Fans told me there may be some 9″ covers, they will list them soon. Go get ’em while the getting is good. See my previous stories for reader tips on how to pair these exhaust fan covers with new fan units.

Where to get them:

Another hot tip:
If you don’t want to miss the hottest news on RetroRenovation.com, sign up for our newsletter. We will usually send news like this to newsletter subscribers tout suit — that’s how the first 100 got snapped up so quick, we think!

Comments

I just ordered mine for our 1952 kitchen! I am hoping the 9″ will also be made available. That is what we need for our main bath 🙂

2. MsKittyMuses says

I was just thinking about these yesterday and kicking myself for missing the post about them going out of business, and not being able to call to buy one in time. Excited they are still available! Of course we bought the Broan 505 months and months ago, which is an 8″ diameter, so I too am hoping they still have 9″ ones available as well. I’m still going to buy a 12″ just in case they don’t, since a grease filter will hopefully cover exposed drywall anyway.

Now to debate whether to buy two, since we may need an exhaust fan if we ever finish a laundry area in the basement…

Uh-Oh! They’re baaack! Thank you for posting this! I actually phoned HoF from Toronto Canada, hoping to score one of these beauties for my bathroom, but a staffer there said they wouldn’t ship to Canada. I was very disappointed, but put it behind me. Secretly, I was hoping they’d wind up on eBay eventually, so I could get a chance to buy one. So fingers crossed, I’ve emailed them to plead my case once again. Wish me luck.

• Mary Elizabeth says

Don’t you have any friends who live in New York State to whom you could have your fan cover shipped? They could then ship it to you, or you could drive down to visit them and pick it up.

• says

Thanks for the excellent suggestion. I actually have cousins in NY, but I didn’t want to bother them. I emailed the seller and she’s going to send me one. Woo-hoo! Yay! Happy dance! Thank you sooo much, folks, you made my day.

Awesome! I’m so exited I found you ladies. I just bought a 1950s house that needs a lot of work to take it back to its original beauty. I’ll be checking in regularly.

5. Diane Miller says

I read all the comments and ordered the grille for my bathroom renovation underway. I looked at the to-be-installed Broan vent fan in the box and the plastic cover is no comparison! Many thanks.

6. Joe Felice says

Aren’t these also made by NuTone? Or would those be considered cheap imitations? A lot of my stuff is cheap imitations. Most of the time, I can’t afford the real thing, like some can.

7. Joyce Wallach says

I panicked because I just checked your announcement July 29 and thought surely they were sold out. I scored 2. Something I like to call a design imperative, meaning absolute essential purchase LOL. I have my original 1954 in kitchen. I got these for bathrooms that are fanless. 12″ might be big for a bathroom, but the coolness true vintageness of shinny chrome wins my vote.
    thanks so much!

8. Liz says

Just ran across this while searching online. I’m looking for one of these vintage fans to replace a missing one in my kitchen. Any idea where I can find one? Can be used.

I live in the Chicago area.

Thanks!
    Liz

9. Dan K. says

I’m looking for ANYONE who knows about the 1950’s Pryne Blo-Fan kitchen exhaust. It stopped working, and magically I found a new switch but the electrical wires enter the motor were shorting out. I disassembled everything but can’t figure out how to take the motor apart to replace the wires. It looks like a solid motor housing but it must come apart somehow.
    88formulafiero@gmail.com