Can you believe that this is the fourth year I have been making these mini midcentury DIY Christmas village house patterns? For the first of three 2015 designs, I decided to make a hip-roof ranch house — reminiscent of my own 1962 retro ranch. This model comes complete with a side porch, large chimney and a planter box. Let the Kitschmas Krafty Krazy 2015 season officially begin!
I drew lines on the chimney to give the appearance of Roman Brick, just like we have on our ranch.
Get our free pattern:
- Click here to download Kate’s free Putz house pattern
- For basic instructions and a list of materials needed for this project, see my first mid century Putz house pattern.
Make a whole neighborhood of midcentury “Putz” style houses:
- See all 10 designs all in just one click
- Readers upload photos of the putz houses made from our patterns (and upload yours!)
- Want to know why these houses called “Putz”? Read our vintage Putz house history and online guide.