Mini Kate and Jim string lights on their Betsy McCall Dollhouse

retro dollhouseOur first glimpse into the daily lives of the new residents of the 1955 Betsy McCall Dollhouse was a hit — and now that mini Kate is done making mini ornament wreaths, I went back for another visit to see what the tiny twosome were up to this week. Looks like they are getting the exterior of their house ready for the holiday!

retro dollhouseBrave mini Jim has recovered after seeing the mess Kate made inside the house, decided he is up to the task of getting up on the roof to hang Christmas lights.

retro dollhouseretro dollhouseOf course, mini Kate and little Leo are helping.

retro dollhouseretro dollhouseDespite being bundled up for the weather, mini Kate started to get cold, and little Leo was bored…

…so to get herself warmed up and alleviate her dog’s boredom, mini Kate decided to leave the light installation in the very capable hands of mini Jim and play a game of catch the snowball with little Leo instead. But…

retro dollhouse… Perhaps that was a bad idea…

retro dollhouseWith mini Jim safely on the ground again, all bets are off.

retro dollhouse“I told you to wear a hat, mini Jim!”

retro dollhouseJust in case anyone was wondering, yes — I’ve gone completely insane. I am now sewing small coats, hats, scarves and mittens — yes mittens — for the dolls. Do you know how difficult it is to sew a 1:12 scale mitten? Ridiculous.

Be sure to join us next time when we check in on the holiday festivities inside!

See all the stories about building, furnishing and decorating the 1955 Betsy McCall DIY Dollhouse

Comments

• Bette Jean says

Glad to see Mini Jim sobered up….um I mean recovered from the mess and now is safely hanging from the roof with hot wires. Ohhhh Nooo, Mr. Jim

1. Steve H says

I was wondering where in the world you found the little winter clothes. Amazing job!

Well, let’s hope we don’t have too much snow this winter so mini Jim doesn’t have to drag out the mini roof rake.

2. Carolyn says

I will know you’ve gone ’round the bend when Davey and Goliath show up – oops! I didn’t spoil the surprise, did I?

3. Jennifer says

I can see the coffee table book now….a retro-enough idea in itself. And the mini-coffee table book on MK and MJ’s coffee table!!!

4. Jay says

Little Leo looks quite dashing in his red scarf. Great fun, impressed by all the scene setting; sort of reminded me of the old Gumby and Pokey claymation shorts when you scroll down through the pictures.

5. Vickie says

MJ & MK should probably shovel the walkway of their home for the fabulous Christmas cocktail party they will be throwing for their guests! Do MJ & MK have a Hi-Fi? Do they have a good assortment of record albums?? Bing Crosby and Johnny Mathis are a must at Christmas time!

6. Mary Elizabeth says

I have an idea about the mittens–let Mini Kate knit them herself. Big Kate’s hands, though capable, are way too large. 🙂 And Mini Jim’s hairline? That’s a comb-over if I ever saw one.

Looking forward to the further adventures of Mini Leo and family. What are they giving one another for Christmas?

7. tammyCA says

Ha, I’ve been crazy for years then making little scenarios of my dolls even before I had kids! It’s fun! In another era I would’ve been the Department store holiday window dresser, I’m sure. 😄 I also stitch by hand tiny felt mittens, hats & jackets..gotta get some pics uploaded.

8. Myra Horn says

Love this continuing saga! You are so creative and imaginative and I so look forward to the next installment! Merry Christmas!

9. Kim says

I saw Mini Jim’s mishap unfolding in the background, there–before he began to holler for help–and laughed so hard I scared my coworkers. God, I love every single thing about the Minis and their abode…and kudos to Jim, who seems to use a lot less profanity in hanging the Christmas lights than I did. 😀