Update: Contest now closed (comments closed), and we spinned the random for a winner: Congrats to reader Jordan, whose number came up and who promptly claimed her prize. Thanks, everyone, for playing.
Got the wintertime blues? How about this taste o’ tiki-tropical to take them away? Yes, time for our second giveaway of the new year: Enter for a chance to win this special, limited-edition tiki mug — based on an actual tiki within the Molokai Bar at the Mai Kai — created by Danny Gallardo aka Tiki Diablo — the same super-talented artist who designed the Home Depot tikis and tiki bars that we frenzied over this past summer. Danny has just finished this batch of mugs. We reached out to see if he wanted to contribute one for a giveaway. And he said yes!
Description from Tiki Diablo’s website:
The Mai Kai Mug comes in three colors — Lagoon Green, Black Velvet and Tobacco Brown
It is based on a seldom seen Tiki from the Molokai Bar, located in the beautiful and Historic Mai Kai Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The tiki comes with a nautical deadeye pendant that you may borrow from him. The mug is 10 inches tall and holds about 24oz (approximately 700 ml).
133 of each color will be made. The mug retails for $75 and begins shipping February 1, 2016.
How to enter to win a Mai-Kai tiki mug by Tiki Diablo:
- To win, you must be a subscriber to our newsletter —> You must be a subscriber to our newsletter, sign up here if you are not already a subscriber (Yes, this is “what’s in it for the blog” — you can opt out at any time after the contest ends, or continue on for the stories and because our goal is to schedule a giveaway every two weeks.)
- To enter, use the Comment field on this post below and tell us: what’s your favorite tiki drink. Or whatever, we’re easy.
- One entry per person. U.S. lower 48 states only.
- Entries close on Friday, Feb. 5, around 5 p.m. Eastern — that is, we will close the Comments field at that time.
- Prize: There will be one winner. The winner will receive one mug in the color of their choice directly from Tiki Diablo.
- Pam will choose the winners via the Random Number Generator at random.org. We will email each person. [Tip: Be sure you enter your email address correctly in the email field of the Comment form.] The winner will have five business days to respond. If we do not hear from them, we will choose the next person who commented. Lather, rinse, repeat. We will post the winner’s first name as soon as all is confirmed.
Many thanks to Danny! Gorgeous job!
Disclosure: We were not paid to host this giveaway —
we do giveaways to delight readers and to grow our newsletter list.
You can read more about how we make money here.