Whirlpool Sunset Bronze kitchen appliances: Would you?

Sunset Bronze applianceDoing some research about appliances, we bumped into this story in Whirlpool’s press room: Seems like the company is considering introducing a new color, “Sunset Bronze.”

I’m kinda into this Sunset Bronze, because it’s like the drawer fronts in American Brand Pioneer kitchens married the metal dome of my vintage Imperialite pendant light and gave birth to a rosy love child. I’m not in the market for new appliances myself, but if I were working on a retro kitchen project, I might play around with a mood board that considered these. The are different. And they are warm.

Bronze applianceThe Whirlpool’s PR rep was very helpful in supplying images, but seemed to be towing the line on whether the company is even bringing these to market. I think the story is, Whirlpool showed off this color at some trade show to gauge interest, and now they need to decide. Officially, Whirlpool told us, “We received tremendous positive response to the introduction of Sunset Bronze and are looking forward to bringing it to market in the future. Although we do not have a hard launch date yet, please continue to check Whirlpool.com for updates.” Whether this color makes the cut or not, it is nice to see a major mainstream manufacturer considering mass market options other than stainless, black and white.

What do you think of this new color, readers?
Would you? Could you?

Comments

1. Betty says

I love the new finish. My daughter and I both need new applicances and have been waiting for this finish to come out. Can’t wait much longer and will have to settle for the UGLY stainless steel.
    Sunset Bronze looks like it would add warmth to the kitchen.
    Please bring it out soon.

2. Lyn says

I’ve been waiting for the sunset bronze. I need them by end of the year to complete my kitchen remodel! I also would hate to settle for stainless . . .

3. Lora Filipovits says

I love this sunset bronze color. I would replace my appliances in a heartbeat if it ever becomes available.

4. Lora Filipovits says

I love the sunset bronze appliances pictured. I would replace my kitchen appliances in a heartbeat if they ever become available.

5. janet hoeppner says

I add my plea for Whirlpool to stop dithering and produce this color! My aging appliances would like to retire!

I absolutely have wanted bronze for some time … I want a WARMER .. Kitchen.
    Hate the grey , cold stainless steel.
    And tired of white …
    I’ve noticed accent pieces and light fixtures in antique brass are returning ..
    These appliances will match perfectly .,
    But lose the stainless handles ..
    Maybe wood grain ?!?!?

I have a new house planned and a lot to put it on. I want to use your sunset bronze appliances, but I cannot find any in show rooms. Please tell me that these are really going to become available.

8. TJ Williams says

I have been waiting for over a year. I want to replace all my kitchen appliances in this finish. I hate stainless steel!

9. Valerie says

Love this. This is what I have been looking for. Please let me know when available. Wanting to replace all my appliances with this color.

10. Julia says

I have been watching and waiting for the release of these appliances for over 2 years right after they were presented at the appliance show. Absolutely love the Sunset Bronze color. These appliances will make the entire kitchen look beautiful, especially with caramel colored cabinets. I am starting construction on a new home in the next 6 mos. and really want these appliances. I hate stainless steel, but have no alternative. Please go forward with this idea!!!

11. Mary Henry says

I love the Sunset Bronze and need to replace all of my appiances
    This Week!!
    Any more info on when they are coming out??
    They have been testing and showing them for a year and a half.

12. Janice Anderson says

My kitchrn remodel is finished except for my new appliances!!! Just waiting for the Whirlpool sunset bronze line-please hurry!!