Whirlpool Sunset Bronze kitchen appliances: Would you?

Sunset Bronze applianceDoing some research about appliances, we bumped into this story in Whirlpool’s press room: Seems like the company is considering introducing a new color, “Sunset Bronze.”

I’m kinda into this Sunset Bronze, because it’s like the drawer fronts in American Brand Pioneer kitchens married the metal dome of my vintage Imperialite pendant light and gave birth to a rosy love child. I’m not in the market for new appliances myself, but if I were working on a retro kitchen project, I might play around with a mood board that considered these. The are different. And they are warm.

Bronze applianceThe Whirlpool’s PR rep was very helpful in supplying images, but seemed to be towing the line on whether the company is even bringing these to market. I think the story is, Whirlpool showed off this color at some trade show to gauge interest, and now they need to decide. Officially, Whirlpool told us, “We received tremendous positive response to the introduction of Sunset Bronze and are looking forward to bringing it to market in the future. Although we do not have a hard launch date yet, please continue to check Whirlpool.com for updates.” Whether this color makes the cut or not, it is nice to see a major mainstream manufacturer considering mass market options other than stainless, black and white.

What do you think of this new color, readers?
Would you? Could you?

Comments

1. Carla Smith says

I need appliances and I want the Sunset Bronze really bad….. I hate to settle for another color and then a few months later Whirlpool decides to come out with that color. They need to launch before someone else does. Does anyone have any idea if this color will be launched anytime soon?

2. Suzi B says

Something is weird here. . . They have been dangling these pretty appliances for quite some time. . . They have put much more thought into the stainless which looks like a prison kitchen. I don’t know why some other company hasn’t championed this

• Elizabeth says

LOL, love the prison kitchen phrase. That is so what it looks like. I spoke with Whirlpool this morning and they say springish of 2017.

3. christine b says

I called whirlpool HQ today 10/20/2016. was told I would have to keep checking the web site, no one at whirlpool could answer me, infact the phone person said she never heard of “sunset bronze” ..I WANT THEM!! but have been waiting for 2+ years, and have begun thinking of something else… 🙁

4. Merideth Page says

I have been waiting 18 months! Boo Hoo!!! I reached out to the VP of marketing for this product and he shared they would not be released this year, 2016. I still have my fingers crossed for early 2017. My husband has a metal fab company and he believes there is a challenge in producing this finish. I wish I had never seen this, because it really caught my eye and would warm up the space I want to use it in which is a motor coach.

5. Karen says

I am waiting on the release of this new finish, before having my kitchen remodeled. I hope my current refrigerator holds out. It has been a bit flaky lately and I would hate to have to buy one in the mean time. Hurry, Whirlpool !!!

I am buying a new home and while researching appliances saw Sunset Bronze. I don’t want to settle for Stainless which has been around for 15 years. The color would look great next to my dark cabinets.

I am buying a new home and while researching appliances saw the new Sunset Bronze by Whirlpool, can’t wait to buy them.. WHEN? They would look so great with my dark cabinets.

8. diane says

Add me to the list of potential buyers…but also getting reeaally tired of waiting. will have to make another selection soon and Im pissed off enough that it wont be whirlpool! GE’s slate color is similar enough!

9. patricia mccoy says

Please, please, please also add me to that list I love the new look. I have been waiting for this since they replaced almond with horrible bone. My appliances are not that old, but if this color comes to be, my refrig, range dish washer and microwave are out the door. I am so tired of stainless steel. Please do this.

10. Diane W. says

I too, have been waiting for a long time for these to come to fruition. I am remodeling and this color would look wonderful in my kitchen. I have always had whirlpool appliances, but if sunset bronze isn’t released soon, I may have to jump ship and opt for the GE slate! Please Whirlpool, get this color on the market!!!!