Now that we have a source for a porcelain enamel kitchen sink in aqua — and since Big Chill this year began offering turquoise as a standard color — we realized we had all the elements to create a matchy matchy retro aqua kitchen — completely from scratch. We were also thinking: If we could design kitchens for the new Starlight Village — and assuming they would want all-new everything (not vintage or salvage) — what designs could we pull together? Here’s our first concept: A retro-modern aqua kitchen.
This design board focuses on all-aqua, but you could easily bring in a secondary color by changing the wallpaper and accessories like the KitchenAid Mixer. And note: The first time Pam has ever “allowed” showing a solid surface countertop in one of our design boards; had to do it, because the sink is undermount. Mark this day on the RR calendar. See our sources:
- Wallpaper — Atomic Doodle in Turquoise from Bradbury & Bradbury
- Light — 12″ Neckless Opal Glass globe with Chrome base from Practical Props
- Backsplash tile — 1″x1″ Anthologia ceramic tile in Agerato from Nemo Tile
- Faucet — Foundations Single-Handle Standard Kitchen Faucet in Chrome from Home Depot
- Countertop — Formica Solid Surfacing in White Sparkle
- Sink — Houzer Porcela Porcelain Enameled Steel Large Single Bowl Undermount Sink in Aqua
- Refrigerator — Big Chill original size retro fridge in Turquoise
- Mixer — KitchenAid Mixer in Aqua Sky via Amazon
- Red Oak full-overlay slab-door kitchen cabinets
- Cabinet knob — Dish Cabinet Knob with Round Backplate in Polished Chrome from Rejuvenation
- Stove — Big Chill 30″ retro stove in Turquoise
- Dishwasher — Big Chill retro dishwasher in Turquoise
- Flooring — Azrock VCT in So Beige
Note: Big Chill and Practical Props are both advertisers on the blog, but they did NOT pay us to include them in this story.