B

Broyhill Brasilia – a beautiful mid-century furniture line

Broyhill Brasilia

Look at this fabulous Broyhill Brasilia dresser (credenza) from flickr friend antonym. I saw it on his photostream and thought it would be a great add to the blog – as part of name game cataloguing and ogling of mid century furniture lines from makers that don’t get as much viz. Click the image to get to antonym’s photostream – many thanks, a!

1. stephanie says:

Just came back from resale shop and found a Brasilia dining set with 3 leaves (sp) and six chairs, paid 150.00. Is this a good buy? Found 3 dressers and a mirror for 19.00 each. Love this line of furniture, but I think I’m going to sell.

1. lin says:

The dressers are they from a bedroom set. I would like to buy two night stands and a long credenzer for a bedroom or other pieces for my guest bedroom. please respond back. thanks
      I am in Southern California.

1. stephanie says:

Hi Lin I am in Illinois and not sure if you would like to pay the shipping. I have a tall boy in beautiful condition and two credenza’s with mirrors. Also the dining room set with six chairs, original material, and three leafs in original box. Sorry about getting back with you.

2. Dawn says:

We just bought our first pieces of this line at the most unlikely of places… didn’t know what it was, just that we LOVED it. Got a Full headboard/footboard/rails, tall chest of drawers and a 9-drawer bureau with mirror for $175 complete. CRAZY!! Now that I know there are night stands out there somewhere, I’m going to be a madwoman scouring the thrift stores & Craigslist. LOL I was definitely born in the wrong era.

1. pam kueber says:

Wow, the Retro Decorating Gods sure delivered unto you! Send me a pic when you have the bedroom all in and decorated!

3. Sue says:

My mom had this dining set, and I had just decided to put it in my house but I was going to try to refinish it. Now that I know what I have, I think I should keep it original. Now I want more pieces.

4. John from KC says:

Does anybody have a Brasilia catalog? I want to change to living room to the line and I’d love to see what was made so I can begin my search.

I’m never as lucky as some of these posts – that is to find this stuff cheap! I always buy high and sell low!

5. Juliet says:

I just got the dresser like the one from flickr off Craigslist for $20. When I called the guy listing it I begged him not to sell it to anyone else and he said, “Don’t worry- we were just going to burn it so if you want it that bad for some reason, I’ll make sure you get it.” One man’s trash is definitely another’s treasure! I LOVE it! We are going to use it as a buffet/sideboard in our dining room. Now that I’m looking up info on the line it makes me want to find more pieces 🙂

6. lin says:

Anyone,

I would like to buy a Queen size bed brasilia and night stands. Any one selling at reasonable price.

7. Melissa Leslie says:

I found two console type pieces that would make great nightstands. A Brasilia expert told me they are from the Brasilia II line of furniture. Does anyone know the history of this line? Is the quality as good as the first line?

8. Art says:

I was making my weekly rounds of the local thrift store and came across a Broyhill Basilia Serving Cart with tile top in excellent condition for $20.00. Was the steal of the decade for me.

Comments are closed.