My 2011 decorating color of the year is: Orange. I love the whole mad mod rainbow of mid mod colors, but for the first “declaration” ever, I chose orange. I guess because: It is my favorite color, and pretty much has been my whole life. On any given day of the week, I collect about 10 photos of retro prettiness, and looking at my recent-photo-library, yes, I’m awash in orange. So, I made this silly mood board built around those fantastic orange 1970s kitchen appliances. Because orange is a color you cannot take too seriously. Sources, starting at 11 p.m. o’clock:
- Lighting: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310188086779&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT
- Harrison Strong tile (I think) that did sell on ebay, but now I can’t find the complete sale.
- 1970s or 80s Saarinen style smoked acrylic dinette from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370480740615&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT
- Burnt orange refrigerator, range top, range hood and built-in oven from craigslist (come and gone) — first spotted by Reader Bluejay, posted on the Forum. Thank you, BlueJay, you KNEW I would love these, didn’t you?
- Raymor style cannisters: Sold for $15.50 + $20 shipping on ebay.
- Center: God Bless Our Pad pillow from ebay, BIN $4.99+$3.50 shipping that got-bought before I could nab it darnit.
- Wallpaper: Bradbury.com* Mod Generation “Wonderwall” in Marmalade.
*Disclosure: Bradbury.com is an advertiser, this is not a paid shout-out, though. Just love that paper — wonderwall, indeed!