V

Vintage Stanley Furniture Mix ‘n Match line by H. Paul Browning — 11 page catalog

vintage-stanley-dining-room-set-mix-n-matchUp next in our continuing series of vintage Stanley Furniture catalogs that the company has scanned and provided especially for Retro Renovation readers: An 11-page catalog of the company’s Mix ‘n Match line. Like the American Forum line, this Mix ‘n Match line was designed by H. Paul Browning. No date on the catalog, but it appears to be early- to mid-1960s. The furniture is finished with walnut veneers and the tabletops are laminated plastic to match.

stanley furniture mix and matchThe catalog says this was “one of America’s most widely accepted design (sic).” Yes, I bet its simple lines and medium grain color proved popular with Mrs. America, who may have been concerned about investing in something too over-the-top moder.  Note the glamour shot (above), which juxtaposes a Mix ‘n Match dining room set with a wrought-iron dressed door: Mix ‘n Match the modern and the early American? Yes, ma’am, you do it! Many thanks to Stanley Furniture for providing these wonderful archival materials!

Stanley Furniture Mix ‘n Match line catalog:

Tips to use the slide show: Click on any thumbnail, and it will enlarge… move forward or back via the arrows under each photo… you can start or stop at any image.

Categoriesfurniture
  1. meesh says:

Thanks so much for posting all the images from the catalog. I’d love to get my hands on the dining table and chairs that match our mix ‘n match china hutch. At least now i know what i’m looking for when i’m poking around in shops and on craigslist 🙂

2. I bought a bed with rails and head board. No name on bed but Willwtt name on inside of one of the rails. That fails didn’t fir perfectly and we had to have a little work done on them so they would fit right. I wonder if the bed could be a Willet and why the rails didn’t fit right?

3. Kate says:

We don’t sell anything here, also I’m not sure which toilets you are referring to, but if they are still available, there should be a link to the company in the story. You should contact the company directly to ask about availability.

4. Dina says:

While cleaning out my grandparents basement some years ago I took out a set of six chairs and table. Just today thought I would do some research on them and here they are. They are in good condition. Black covers on the chairs, and all chairs are without arm rests. Four of the chairs still have the do not remove labels on them. All of them need a good cleaning, but I would put them in my dinning room right now if they were my style. Any clue what they are worth?

5. caroline says:

I recently acquired a dining table 60″ with 1 extension leaf. my question is… can I refinish the top? I think its veneer, can veneer be refinished?

6. Beau says:

The top of the Mix N Match Style 21 tables have plastic tops, so no it can’t be refinished. You could try a light buffing compound if it’s just minor scratches.

7. Sarah says:

So cool to see this here! H Paul Browning was my grandfather (the designer) and I’ve been researching his designs today!