240 photos uploaded by readers — see their recent vintage finds

vintage typewriterThanks to everyone who uploaded photos of their recent vintage finds and home project while our uploader was on all Memorial Day weekend. Above: Reader Bette Jean made us super-smile and wrote about her finds: “Cobra phone purchased on-line from company that furnished telephones to Mad Men. It works.” Click on through to see all 240 photos…

(Uploader now closed. We’ll do another soon.)

View the slide show

Tips to view slide show: Click on any image… it will enlarge and you can also read any captions… click anywhere to move forward and look for previous and next buttons within photo to move back or forth… you can start or stop at any image:

no images were found

Want to browse previous uploaders — super fun!
Click here to see our uploader archive.

Categoriesaccessories
  1. Janet in ME says:

I love all of the lamps and lighting, and the Pyrex, and the fish wall art, the furniture — OH, I love it all! So much fun to see what everyone collects.

2. tammyCA says:

Some great finds…those Rapid City, SD art plaques are so cool. I never find anything really mcm awesome or it is very high priced & rapidly snagged since this is socal. At least, there is ebay & etsy.

3. pam kueber says:

Okay, so whoever uploaded the three original Armstrong design renderings: Your limit of “three” is LIFTED. More more more! Oh my goodness: more!

1. valwags says:

Okay, well if I must….there were dozens and I wish that I could have bought them all, but I’m happy with what I have. A nice assortment. I’ll work on taking more pix tomorrow!

2. pam kueber says:

THANK YOU Mystery Reader for uploading more! Possible for you to email me? I neeeeeeeeeed to know more about these! THANK YOU!

1. Heart says:

Right? Would love to see a feature story on her Pam (wink, wink, nod, nod) Hope you two get together, Love your women in design features.

4. Bette Jean says:

Hiya! I’m the Mystery Reader with the typewriter and Cobra phone. Greetings from Vero Beach FL. Love this website, especially the uploader finds, design dilemmas, kitsch, bathrooms, time capsule houses…ALL of it! Bette Jean

5. tammyCA says:

April’s cool “Rob & Laura Petrie” sofa is the same color I just had one of mine recovered in. 🙂

6. Jacquie Y says:

So amazing to see everyone collecting such lovely things and giving them back their life! Keep up the good work everyone. thank you, too, for seeing the joy in the vintage and MC goodies!
    Thanks Pam and Kate for your hard work and efforts to keep us informed and on the right track.

7. Karin says:

Retro renovation people have such exquisite taste! Those interior illustrations are fantastic! I hope this style comes back, because those artists were really talented. Agreed that this is one of the best uploaders so far. I’m amazed at the great condition most of the finds are in. Obviously they were treasured by their previous owners. Love the couches and the mention of my fave local go-to site, Kijiji!!

8. J. Tarner says:

Hey Pam, your site has been a great resource for materials and design ideas. Your reference page on doors helped us select the modern Therma-tru I posted in your uploader. I knew I’d selected the right color when the first paint store wouldn’t mix the color for me because she thought it was “too bright”, and a customer next to me said “Hey! I just painted over that color in my bathroom!”

9. lynda says:

IMA Pam, I have those exact Franciscan Floral dishes. I must have 16 place settings. I bought them in 1970 from the factory in So. Ca. I used to use them for Mexican meals. My daughter wants me to save them, so I am. I have the heavy purple glasses that go with them too.
    They look pretty in your room.

1. Ima Pam says:

Thank you Lynda! I have several Franciscan patterns and rotate them through the year. This is a favorite! I have since found vintage purple Libbey glasses that look nice with these, and am always on the lookout for heavy Franciscan crystal in any color. Have some of the brown and dark green. It’s so great that your daughter wants you to save them. My kids enjoy the “old stuff” too.

1. LuAnn says:

Ima Pam and lynda, I almost put those Franciscan dishes on my wedding registry back in the ’70s. Instead I ended up choosing the avocado Pebble design, very similar. I still love them and have picked up more over the years.

1. lynda says:

And…I knew lots that got the Madeira Franciscan for wedding gifts. I also know those that inherited the Apple or Desert Rose patterns from their moms. I do have a dish problem. I still love the Floral pattern, just too lazy to use them lately. There are so many patterns I love! I use mostly Vietri and Skyros these days.