Update: Congratulations to our winner, Fatima! We spun the random number generator, her number came up, and she fulfilled all the rules. Thanks also to Modernica for contributing this lovely summer giveaway. ENTRIES NOW CLOSED.
Summer is almost over, so we must have one last atomic blast of fun — an atomic giveaway! Now through Thursday (Aug. 27), enter to win a classic piece of midcentury design history: A George Nelson medium-sized Bubble Lamp Saucer Pendant from Modernica. Continue for info on how to enter …
Note: This is NOT a paid or sponsored post. Pam just got the itch for a late-summer surprise-and-delight giveaway, reached out to Modernica, and here we are.
About the George Nelson Bubble Lamp:
The Original George Nelson Bubble Lamp® Saucer Pendant is a tried-and-true standard of the modern vocabulary. The Bubble Lamps, with their iconic sculptural shapes, were designed by Nelson in 1947. They are constructed of an innovative taut plastic that coats a steel wire-frame. Nelson’s unique design and ingenious use of materials eliminate glare and provide an abundant, yet diffused light; A quality unique to this material.
The Saucer Pendant is available in all three original sizes, small, medium, and large, in addition to an extra-large size introduced by Modernica Studios. Each lamp comes with a 5.25-inch brushed, nickel-plated steel ceiling plate. All sizes come with 6-feet of cord, with the exception of the extra-large which comes with nine-feet.
Since 1989, Modernica has proven its steadfast commitment to authenticity and craftsmanship. Being at the forefront of rediscovering and relaunching out-of-production pieces, Modernica still uses the same methods and materials to handcraft each lamp that were used in 1952.
The George Nelson Bubble Lamp® collection is featured in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York. Modernica is the official site for the George Nelson Bubble Lamp® Collection.
Handcrafted in Michigan, U.S.A.
How to enter to win a George Nelson Bubble Lamp from Modernica:
- To win, you must be a subscriber to our newsletter — (Yes, this is “what’s in it for the blog” — you can opt out at any time after the contest ends.)
- To enter, use the Comment field on this post below and tell us: Where would you put the groovy George Nelson pendant?
- One entry per person. Lower 48 U.S. delivery addresses only.
- Entries close on Thursday, August 27, around 5 p.m. Eastern— that is, we will lock down the Comments field at that time.
- Prize: One George Nelson medium-sized Bubble Lamp like the one shown here. It will be mailed to you by Modernica.
- We will choose the winner via the Random Number Generator at random.org. We will email that person. [Tip: Be sure you enter your email address correctly in the email field of the Comment form.] The winner will have five business days to respond. If we do not hear from them, we will choose the next person who commented. Lather, rinse, repeat. We will post the winner’s first name as soon as all is confirmed.
Many thanks to Modernica for contributing the prize for this giveaway — check out all their midcentury furniture, home decor and other classic designs on their website here.
Good luck to one and all!